What did you see today?

C-32A, 99-0003, at Jackson Hole, WY. Apparently Vice Pres. Cheney has a place near Jackson Hole so Air Force Two was there at the airport. We were stuck with a mechanical delay on our B757 so the captain and I walked down the ramp to see how similiar their B757 was to ours, and to be honest, to see how close we could get to the plane before someone asked us what we were doing there. Basically we were able to walk right along side of it though there were ropes keeping us from getting any closer. We had a nice talk with one of the crew chiefs but of course he wasn't allowed to tell us much about the plane or when they were heading out. But, boy, is it shiny! They keep that plane spotless.

Edited by David Walker

I was at a relatives lake cottage in SW Michigan and I heard a very familiar turbofan whine very loudly above my head. I looked up and saw 2 A-10's from Battle Creek flying at about 800' AGL over our lake, it was so cool I almost fell in the water! Looked like they were getting ready to head in to BC for landing. That's the first time I've ever seen them there in about 10 years of going. Make me wanna build another Hog!

Jeff

Had a long day today in the trusty 737-800 (Columbus - Cincinnati - Albuquerque - Atlanta) and while taxiing in at ABQ, saw this one of a kind KC-135 that is a target test bird for the 747 ABL (Laser equiped to shoot down missiles in-flight). I'd seen pictures of it in Aviation Week, and it has a very cool look to it.

LaserKC-135.jpg

"Is it too much to ask for a frickin' shark with a laser beam on it's head?"

Hitch

Had a long day today in the trusty 737-800 (Columbus - Cincinnati - Albuquerque - Atlanta) and while taxiing in at ABQ, saw this one of a kind KC-135 that is a target test bird for the 747 ABL (Laser equiped to shoot down missiles in-flight). I'd seen pictures of it in Aviation Week, and it has a very cool look to it.

LaserKC-135.jpg

Hitch

That is a coooool picture. Thanks for sharing.

Oh by the way.....I saw a few fire bombers flying over my house today. No pictures. The state (MT) is burning up.

Joel

ipms33206 Posted Today, 10:56 PM

Sentimental Journey! My Dad got to go for a ride with them! Lucky guy!!!! I will post pics soon.

Mark,

That is really cool! Can't wait to see the pics.

I was going to try and come up to Bozeman while she was there but have too many home projects going on plus work.

Joel

PS~ I rode in Aluminum Overcast last year. Wow what an experience.

Edited by Tiger15

LaserKC-135.jpg

Hitch

Way cool!!! :coolio:

OHHHH man this was sweet. While I was outside washing my car, I looked up to see a 4-ship formation of a KC-135, F-15 (couldn't tell if it was a -C or -E) , F-16 and A-10. They flew over my house twice, nice and slow, with the boom down on the -135. I'm assuming they were flying down to Boston for a flyby of the Red Sox game.

I saw a CH-53 or possibly a MH-53 flying over the Schuylkill River a couple days ago at 09:50 or so. Low and fast, I mean really low and fast- it looked like only a couple hundred feet off the water... from my vantage point on Walnut St. atleast, have no idea what he was doing since that sort of thing doesn't normally happen in downtown Philadelphia too often...

An X Canadian Forces CT-133, at the Waterloo Wellington Airport. Still painted in dark blue. Still had the remnants of 434 squadron markings. I'm thinking it was once 133446.

Just had a USMC Osprey do a low and fast flyby over the house. Probably about 500' up, just had time to call the kids out into the front yard. Last Friday morning we also had a Pope AFB C-130 come by even faster and lower! Many nights we have blacked out Herc pairs on NVG come over, a bit higher... You can't beat living on a low-level route!

Mike Kopack

Angier, NC