What did you just finish building?

I'm on a Battle of Bitain theme at the moment so, the last three finished were:

Hasegawa Ju 87B-2 5/StG 2.

Airfix Spitfire MkIa 603 Sqn

Hasegawa Bf 109E-4 2/JG3

I have a Ju87B-1 on the table using the new SAMI conversion , I was lucky enough to get some test shots. Then I'm going to tackle my Classic Airframes Venom FB1 as a 14 Sqn RNZAF machine.

Too many models not enough time and both Newark and ScaleModel World coming up.

• 5 weeks later...

Hasegawa 1/72 AV-8B in VMA-231 markings, with Eduard PE and a Quickboost airbrake. Pretty happy with the result.

You never know, if I can lay my hands on a digital camera, I might summon up the courage to post some pics.

• 3 weeks later...

A Revell Eurofighter @ 1/48 was really happy with the result :o and im almost done witha GR5 Hasegawa Harrier , which really gave me long headaches :/ but i found some very useful reviews and articles of ppl who build Harries b4 here and helped me tons . !!! especially when it came to the time to glue the undercarriage and the gears :D , so big thanks to the probs and solutions people in the forum posted in Harriers thread :shoot:

ps i dont yet have the courage post pics of my models , im still on learning level.

Just finished a 1:48 scale Hasegawa RCAF Sabre V using kit decals (413 'Tusker' Sqdn - 3 Wing, Zweibrucken). I made a few errors while spraying the Alclad Aluminum but it turned out pretty good, all the same. I wanted to build a sample Sabre prior to completing a second Hasegawa 1:48 Sabre. I plan to learn from the errors discovered during construction of the first one. Fit is good but some filler and sanding required. Mistakes were mine. On this second one, I plan to use the custom decals Bill at CanMilAir made for me.

Just set up a photobucket account so here goes nothin'...

Sabres001.jpg

Sabres009.jpg

Sabres008.jpg

Edited by AX 365

I just finished my 1/72 Tamiya YF-23. I added some Eduards PE in the cockpit and a Quickboost ejection seat. Dropped the slats and flaps, rebuilt the engines and surrounding area, added screens, rescribed entire kit, and added tile detail to exhaust area. Other than that it's out of box ;) .

100_0077.jpg

100_0097.jpg

100_0080.jpg

Dave Fassett

• 4 weeks later...

Long time since this has been updated......My Sea Fury and some F-16s have been finished for 2 of our ARC group builds. Photos being sent to the mods of the GB's and all ready sent to Steve for the main page.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished a 1/48 Tamiya F-16CJ from the 55th FS 20th FW using Afterburner decals.

I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them on the F-16 Group build site, and of course send the photos to the main page.

That 1/48 Tamiya F-16 is a beaut. Really liked it. Even went and traded to get the 1/32 scale kit I always said I would never build.....Its THAT good. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

1/48 Monogram Prowler with all the toys, wingfolds, cockpit, decals. Dang I hate resin. Will shot photos tomorrow when I am off work and send them to the Iron Hand group build page.

A little bit back, finished a 1/72 Hornet of unknown heritage - and dubious quality. But I used it as a test bed for a few different things and it turned out OK... actually have a couple pictures, just not on my hard drive yet...

This 1/72 Hornet is of uncertain origin. Seriously, I never figured out who made it.

It was one of those deals where I got bored one day on duty, and hopped on Ebay, and looked for things ending soon that had flown under the radar. This kit was listed for $1.99 plus shipping, so I put in a bid.

Well, "Brand X" had something that SORT of looked like a Hornet, but fell way short. The cockpit was atrocious - instead of any remotely accurate details you had three large circles on each console, like cup holders (!). The exterior of the plane had random raised details that looked like the company had just gotten bored and instead of researching, just decided to put some "flair" here and there. Certain recessed details (ahem - speed brake) weren't there at all.

So, I almost junked it. But bad as it was, I just don't have it in me to junk a model. Instead, I thought I'd use it as a test bed. I'd never done an inflight model before, so I figured I'd test that out - filling the gear wells, mounting it to a display, that sort of thing. With the cockpit so bad, I thought I'd try a technique for an opaque canopy (after applying Future, I painted the INSIDE of the clear parts with a few coats of blue). And, I scratchbuilt a TACTS pod (even though it's pretty clear I need a darker orange...)

IMG003.jpg

IMG002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Someone besides me must have finished something while the forums were down.......

Just finished a Trumpeter RF-5C (1/48) out of the box with Aeromaster CVW-8 decals, for the recce group build. Photos going there and to the main page.

jpg2.jpg

Edited by phantom