What did you just finish building?

Just finished the Hasegawa 1/48 Ju 87G-2 'Rudel' Stuka, with a suitable Eduard PE Set.

The model was actually pretty difficult to build (fitting problems, seams and warped fuselage), and incorporating the PE set proved just as troublesome, even with a few blunders that cannot be fixed at this point :woot.gif:

I'm glad I finished it, and the few lessons I learned from it are: never to build anything but fighters, color PE is worth it and, fortunately, my weathering is getting better and better. Pics to come soon...

Edited by I love airbrushing
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An Academy 1/48 T-33, done up as the RCAF's "Red Knight". Bill Slaughter was the Red Knight in 1964. He's also the father of one of the women I work with. I've had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Slaughter and I'll be presenting him with this completed project. There are a few issues with the kit but it can be built up quite nicely with some patience. The decals are set #33.1.48 (Kiwi / Red Knight) from Leading Edge Models. Paint is 2 light coats of MM Dayglo Flourescent Orange over a primer of MM light grey and 2 light coats of MMGloss White. Decals went down very well with a light dose of Solvaset.

RedKnight-Slaughter.gif

LeftSide-2.jpg

LeftFrontQuarter.jpg

LeftRearQuarter.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished this 1/48 Itelari S3-A Viking for the Gone but not forgotten group build.

jpg10-4.jpg

Decals are from Sony Ken, thanks again for these really hard to find decals Ken!!!!!!! :lol:

jpg7-5.jpg

jpg2-15.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As an "amusing diversion" from the Lancaster II and Manchester :thumbsup: :

A Midland Red SOS - FEDD bus.

It was built from a white metal kit produced by Mike Toman Models, and must be at least 20 years old.

I built it when I was in a "nostalgic" frame of mind! These days, when I feel the need to buy model buses, they tend to be of the ready-made, diecast variety!

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Come on people!!!!!! I can't be the only one building anything!!!! :D

Here is my latest. Monogram A-6E Intruder with Black Box cockpit and resin intake covers and wheels. All from Tony Hayes. Decals from Capana to make a VA-36 Roadrunners Intruder from the first gulf war.

Built for the "Gone but not forgotten group build.

jpg6-7.jpg

jpg3-17.jpg

Like the way THIS one turned out!!! :lol: Thanks TONY!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished the other day:

FinishedFw189002.jpg

MPM's Fw.-189 A1

Some parts were not useable due to mold shift/flash.

OOB with what was useable.

That's a beaut,well done got this in the pile but I've heard its a right pig to build.

Nice one Andy. :thumbsup:

Latest work

HS129e.jpg

A complete pain, had to be repainted twice.

I'm moderately happy with the results though, so its on the shelf.

I like it! What kind of paint do you use that it gave you so much problems?

I like it! What kind of paint do you use that it gave you so much problems?

It was Humbrol 26 over Hu225. The 26 just didn't want to cure, it was real thick out of the tin, so I had to knock it down with thinners, but it wouldn't cure so I dropped some white spirit in the tinlet. Did the trick.

• 3 weeks later...