Russian Knight

Hi all, this is the Academy twin seater which will be painted as a Russian Knights display bird.

boxshot.jpg

I have the Begemot Russian Knights decals, the quickboost nose and Neomega cockpit, however the engine cans are on the shopping list. Interestingly the quickboost nose only appears to be a few millimetres longer, but if its more accurate I'm happy :whistle:

noseconecomparison.jpg

And here is the fuselage taped together with the nose cone installed, for a 1/48 model its a big beastie indeed !

size1.jpg

size2.jpg

Here are the compressor fan faces with a layer of Alclad gloss black base

fansblack.jpg

...and with a Alclad polished aluminium

fansmetal.jpg

Here is the beautifully casted Neomega cockpit tub with a splash of paint and jazzed up with Mike Grant's superb jet dials decals for the instrument dials :cheers:

cockpit1.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

cockpit3.jpg

:cheers:

Edited by Skii

cheers Alexander and Ken

Re- painting , The Begemot decals set is incredible and you get a lot of material for your money, especially as these were on special offer from Hannants for less than £8 ;) However the red-striped decals that extend (in 3 parts) the entire wingspan of the airframe are huge and doubtless I'll be losing a lot of surface detail under these considering how finely it is represented on the Academy kit, so main markings will all be masked and painted. The set even includes a paint mask for the blue and yellow/gold sun motif on the vertical stabilisers :)

• 1 month later...

Many thanks guys :woot.gif:

More progress - fuel lines - lead wire with small sections of vinyl tube to represent the cable clips :woot.gif:

cables1.jpg

cables2.jpg

Insides of main gear wells improved with plastic card and wire

undercarriagewalls.jpg

cables4.jpg

More cabling..

cables3.jpg

cables6.jpg

bayspainted.jpg

I improved the sill around the cockpit edge - adding a scribed line around the cockpit edge and a small vertical wall, also the locking lugs to seal the canopy shut

pitsurround.jpg

More to come peeps :D

Many thanks guys :salute:

More to come peeps :wave:

Hi.

Thanks for sharing !!! Very nice work, I love to see all the Flanker models being built.

Still struggling with a 1/48 F 16C, and while doing so am thinking which to build first, my Su 27 B, or -27 UB...