Always make sure to align your decals perfectly

It wouldn't be a stretch, Tankcommander.

it wasn't uncommon to see air bubbles in the decals on full sized aircraft. You could also see the clear outline around some of them too.

I like the torn fuselage insignia on the VA-76 Skyhawk on the Med cruise,,,,even though they tore it, they still stuck the broken piece on,,,,,and didn't line it up right with the larger piece.

I had to quit building RAF Spitfires, because I kept getting the fuselage insignia on upside down.

Not sure if it's parallax but not the fuselage stars are in different locations too.

The photo is turned 90 degrees. The airplane is actually banking away from the camera, so it's not a perfect belly view.

I had to quit building RAF Spitfires, because I kept getting the fuselage insignia on upside down.

I had exactly that problem building anything Japanese... :D/>

Yeah, the French insignias throw me off as well......

Edited by Johnopfor

Not aviation related - but it reminds me of a photo I saw in a magazine many years ago.

Two council workers were painting white lines at a road junction - along with the large white letters 'SLOW'.

They must have had a tea break between the letters SLO and the letter W - because they ended up with a huge 6-foot instruction painted in white on the road that said........

SLOM

made me chortle anyway....

Ken

Not sure if it's parallax but not the fuselage stars are in different locations too.

I think you are right - the starboard one seems to be a tiny bit further forward than the port one.

I can sympathize - on our Harriers it was not too uncommon to have the "VMA-331" legends out of alignment with each other, also the aircraft numbers on the nose.

We were able to keep the aircraft numbers on the flaps more or less balanced, though. ;-)

Not aviation related - but it reminds me of a photo I saw in a magazine many years ago.

Two council workers were painting white lines at a road junction - along with the large white letters 'SLOW'.

They must have had a tea break between the letters SLO and the letter W - because they ended up with a huge 6-foot instruction painted in white on the road that said........

SLOM

made me chortle anyway....

Ken

We'd always have a problem with school crossings around here.....

shcool_1695090c.jpg

North Carolina

untitled-2073856-520x250.jpg?w=520&h=250&crop=1

New York

A gud eguwmakasion is a baad ting to wast.....

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are right - the starboard one seems to be a tiny bit further forward than the port one.

I can sympathize - on our Harriers it was not too uncommon to have the "VMA-331" legends out of alignment with each other, also the aircraft numbers on the nose.

We were able to keep the aircraft numbers on the flaps more or less balanced, though. ;-)

Man, I'm glad to hear that. I was actually just decaling an AV-8B last night and later noticed the VMA-231 squadron number is not aligned side to side. :( I did get the nose number aligned though. :)