Weirdest tool on your modelling bench

Apart from yours truly :D , the weirdest tool on my modelling bench is this little item:

DentistTool_zpsf5fhqkwl.jpg

Great for cleaning out tiny holes that become blocked in model parts, and as a last resort for cleaning out the tip of my Aztec airbrush nozzle when the fickle mongrel refuses to spray anything out the end.

It is the file my dentist used to clean out a tooth root when I had a root canal. After drilling the be-Jesus out of it, he used this little weapon to dig right down to the bottom of the root and remove the remaining 'pulp'. I found it stuck to my jumper (= sweater in US lingo) after leaving his rooms.

What left-field stuff is on your bench?

wine corks, safety pins and a medium toothbrush.

There's really nothing particularly wierd with those. I just have an abundance of saved wine corks.

A couple of pairs of my wives panty hose - when she gets ready to get rid of a pair of panty hose, she washes them and gives them to me. When I need them, I cut the legs up and use the pieces of panty hose to strain the paint prior to putting it into my airbrush.

...for?

I use them to hold small amounts of paint when I'm mixing for touch ups. Sometimes I fill them with a bit of thinner or alkyhaul in order to clean my brushes.

Nothing really strange on the bench. That thing that Thommo has posted though... That hurts just looking at it!

Lots of local anaesthetic pumped in, so it was OK. However, when I was young and killed a front tooth sailing (smashed in the mouth by the boom), I had a crap dentist who went right through the bottom of the tooth root with a similar tool into the jaw bone. Three years of recurring infections followed. That hurt.

Cat.

Our bloody cat (read our daughters cat which she left with us upon leaving home) get's nowhere near my WIPs ! The creature is neurotic :wacko:

A couple of pairs of my wives panty hose - ... I cut the legs up and use the pieces of panty hose to strain the paint prior to putting it into my airbrush.

Another great use is to put them over the end of the vacuum cleaner hose to steal parts back from the 'carpet monster.' Switch the cleaner on and check the hose.

Regards,

tampa_xtralokmini1_blog_pack.jpg

Plenty of them. Of all colors and sizes.

I use these too. I liberated small bottles of food coloring from the kitchen I mix the colors with a thick PVA to make Nav lights

Edited by jfmajor60