A-10 Thunderbolt II Osan AFB

Finally I finished this model, it was not easy trying to pay tribute to this spectacular aircraft, I have tried to do it and I hope I succeeded. Thanks for your advice and suggestions. :)/>/>/>

A-10A%20154_zpsje4cpzdo.jpg

A-10A%20155_zps2kppid0q.jpg

A-10A%20156_zpsikuczmwt.jpg

A-10A%20158_zpskwrg7v9p.jpg

A-10A%20159_zpsr4zje4tf.jpg

A-10A%20160_zpsaarbnu7z.jpg

A-10A%20161_zpsnmxmux0y.jpg

A-10A%20162_zps8fwcqbqj.jpg

A-10A%20164_zpsr4xmvxlq.jpg

A-10A%20165_zpshlcqceqv.jpg

Edited by Spad

These guys used to fly all the way up north the to Casey/ Hovey area, use the SK hospital outside of Toko-Ri village as a TRP and give us quite the air show about once a week. Awesome job recreating this Hog. I really enjoy the weathering techniques on the different panels throughout the fuselage.

Thank you all for the kind words of appreciation of my model :)

Vincenzo your Hog is superb!Really!

For the Pave Penny glass you create the "dome" with a vacu machine?Is home-made?

Anyway,if you came here in Rome contact me,I'm more than pleased to meet you!

Gianni

Ciao Gianni, for thermoformed dome is all homemade, I simply acetate heated on a candle and then I made the thermoforming of a brush handle properly shaped.

If I remember correctly should already be seen a few years ago on the occasion of the event "Euroma" but in any case, if I were to happen in your part I will contact you ;)

If I remember correctly should already be seen a few years ago on the occasion of the event "Euroma" but in any case, if I were to happen in your part I will contact you ;)/>/>

Si,but is always a pleasure to meet good people and maybe share some tips/experience,I've so much to learn from guys like you...

Gianni

• 2 weeks later...

Exquisite! This must be the best A-10 model I've seen. How did you weather it, and how you made those scratches?

I thank you of appreciation. :)

The weathering was all done by airbrush with mixtures of gray very diluted and very low pressure, while the scratches were made with a brush in Black Gray Vallejo and a thin brush.

• 2 weeks later...

Spectacular!!! I feel I could walk right up plug my comm cord in and launch her out!

I always appreciate with pleasure all comments, positive or negative, by any modeller without distinction of any kind, but to have an appreciation of an "insider" for me is grounds for pride, thank you!

Hey Vincenzo, sorry I missed this one but I rarely visit this forum. You did a FANTASTIC job in every single way! My only critique is not your fault, because all A-10 kits at every scale have the same small error. The front landing gear door should slant forward at the bottom and not be vertical, but very few would know that anyway. Again, AWESOME job of modeling!