Hey everyone,

Let me chime in here, the 100th kit they are referring to is Tamiya's 100th subject in 1/48th. If you look at the item numbers for the F-16CJ and the Swordfish they are 61098 and 61099 repectively. As for the 100th 1/48th scale kit, I would hope for a F-14A/B/D or a SuperHornet. While I was at Tamiya I kept pushing for these subjects with one of the V.P's. Since it would be a very popular item and that they would be able to recoup all the R&D, Tooling, and Licensing cost. So what every the 100th 1/48th kit, it will have to be very popular.

If you look at some of the category winners for TamiyaCon, most of them were usually the 1/32nd scale F-14. Maybe S.Tamiya has a soft spot for it, since it was their first 1/32nd scale airplane.

Just my .02

I am going to guess a 48 scale F-22 Raptor. But I since I don't think I'd ever build one.........

Could be a F-18 E/F, or perhaps even the Japanese version of the F-16, the F-2 I think it was, can't remember. That would sell HUGE in Japan.

I am going to guess a 48 scale F-22 Raptor. But I since I don't think I'd ever build one.........

Could be a F-18 E/F, or perhaps even the Japanese version of the F-16, the F-2 I think it was, can't remember. That would sell HUGE in Japan.

Doubt it will be a Super Hornet or the F-2 since Hasegawa have released all of them in the past couple of years. I would hope its a Raptor.

checking HLJ's site out and their front page talks about a whopper of a kit to celebrate Tamiya's 100th aircraft kit release.

Any ideas as to what it might be?

-Mike

Well, since they have that snazzy 1/32 Zero, and their 1/48 8th Air Force P-51D was

discontinued, I would hope for a 1/32 P-51D (or, as stated earlier, a fancy 1/48 F-16).

Just my $.02

Jim

I'd be happy with either a Raptor or F-14B/D.

I would hate to think that Bob would go through all the trouble of getting those 1/48 Raptor sheets on the street considering the sheisty Raptor kits we have now. Maybe a little bird told him something, they kind of came out of the blue.

-Mike