i've seen enough of this bloody hangar queen to last me the rest of my life. I put more hours taxiing this girl to the run up area than it has flown all week.

DSC02271.jpg

My best friend and his wife just flew Central Mountain Air on their honeymoon a couple months back...

Went to the 2010 Offutt AFB air show. They had a P-38 and a TBM Avenger and a B-25 J , several P-51's and T-28s flying there today. I missed the jets because the stuff on the ground wasn't anyting new except for the Global Hawk they had on display. I had no idea the wings were so huge.. Thye were supposed to have an F/A-18F and the F-22 do flight Demos but I didn't see either poarked on the ramp so I left.

:), I got to watch three new friends take off in their Stinson 108 Voyager this morning from Watts Bridge. I got some good shots of this aircraft and will be priveleged to get some more shortly as the aircraft is hangared at Luskintyre. I'll put up some pics of it when I get home. I also had the privelege of meeting Denzil (DDC) and his lovely lady on Saturday as well as almost literally bumping into Motty yesterday when he was taking some shots of the British Aircraft Swallow that lives at Watts Bridge. I certainly didn't take as many shots as I did 2 years ago but I've gotten off auto setting so some of my shots are likely to be a lttle soft, fuzzy even.

:whistle:,

Ross.

Last week on Holiday just randomly while out walking 2 Spitfires and 2 Hurricanes in V formation flew over me. Then saw them buzzing what used to be RAF Martlesham Heath. Was pratice for the 4 touring old Battle Of Britain Airfields for the 70th Anv.

Later on that day also saw a CSAR Blackhawk from Mildenhall/Lakenheath fly over.

Not bad for a random day out.

Was kind of spooky seeing the 4 oldies as I was standing on an old deserted WWII airfield at the time

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
  • 2 weeks later...

Very interesting sighting over in "the desert" today during my mission. We taxied by this guy guy a couple days ago, but I wasn't able to get a decent shot, or even see the tail number. I had much better luck today, as we taxied behind him and held short as he took off in front of us. The photo was taken through the windshield of our Herk, so I apologize for the quality. I found very little (nothing really) on the net about this aircraft other than it's a DHC-8-102 registered to Dynamic Avlease, Inc. of Bridgewater, VA. Hmmmm...???

Note the markings.

Mark

IMG_0280.jpg