Steel Beach logo contest

I also like #6, left side, second one down. Simple yet effective.

Sorry, but 'resin and accessories' is redundant and makes no sense.......maybe change it to read 'resin and decals'

As he does quite a bit of vinyl work I think "R and A" could be appropriate.

Edited by David Walker

Thinking that you should try and use a few of these as they are all great. Personally I like #5 and #6 bottom right ( yeah , it's F-14 specific but so what? It looks cool.....Cliff

#2 (2nd one) or #5.

Why?

• No photorealistic artwork. The image of the shooter has been altered so it uses fewer colors and no smooth gradients.
  • Sans serif type looks the best to my eye for this purpose.
  • Single-glance recognition and reading. Several of the submissions required too much processing by the eye and brain, due to varying type sizes and busy layouts.

Less is more! The comments about what makes a good logo were spot on. Good logos are often very abstract and almost never have gradient fills or drop shadows. It's gotta look good on the web, in print, small, large... I didn't submit anything, but my concepts all took familiar objects (tiedowns, etc) and abstracted them.

Good stuff!