Airliner group build?

... so why can't we? I'd do it. One idea would be for an airline/aircraft that no longer flies, similar to the 'Gone but not Forgotten'. This would not allow something like a BA 747-400 in Landor, as BA still fly the -400, but it would allow a -200, as BA don't fly them anymore.

Some other examples:

Concorde!

AA MD-11

Sabena 737

Pan Am DC-4

Delta Tristar

TWA 767

See what I mean? :thumbsup:

I was thinking something similar! A BA group build. You can build any plane that a company that became part of BA flew, a plane BA doesn't fly now, or a plane that they do fly, but not in that livery currently.

EX: Union Flag Concorde-They don't operate the Concorde

Landor 747-400- They don't use that livery anymore.

We've been doing regular group builds here in Brazil.

Only the themes were kind of broader ideas: first was the B737 (and we had nearly ALL the B737 family represented, it was great) and the current one (to be finished by mid november) is cargo planes.

We are right in the middle of the voting process for the next theme - "Widebodies" are winning, one step ahead of "Trijets"... let's see what comes out.

As for the current GB we have some amazing stuff, such as a DragonAir B747-300F (an Airfix kit fully corrected from every single original flaw it may have!), a KLM B747-400F, a B707, B727's , Antonov's, etc...

Do it here, and i'll be glad to take part on it as well

BEst regards

Eduardo

Any other ideas? I'll put up a poll with:

'Gone but not forgotten - Civie Street'

British Airways Classics

RetroJets

Widebodies

TriJets

(but only if no one comes up with any more ideas

You know, personally I'd just run with a generic airliner/civil aviation theme. Group Builds tend to work best, and attract the most participation, when they're not overly specific. And we're already talking about a modelling niche here, so narrowing it down again doesn't seem necessary or practical to me. Just my HO.

Kev

You know, personally I'd just run with a generic airliner/civil aviation theme. Group Builds tend to work best, and attract the most participation, when they're not overly specific. And we're already talking about a modelling niche here, so narrowing it down again doesn't seem necessary or practical to me. Just my HO.

Kev

I agree. How about an any airliner group build? I'm in for that.

Kev

I agree. I would love to participate in an airliner group build, but would like to build something I already have in my collection. If I have to buy decals or a kit to fit a specific theme....well I would do it, but many folks might not. A broader category of group build might attract builders that don't generally tackle civilian/airliner kits. It might give them the chance to build that one kit they have been kicking around the collection for a while. Once they try it they may discover what they have been missing. Thats essentially how I found airliner modelling, I think it could work for others as well!

Chris

I still think BA history should be one. Generic is too boring.

Trijets I also like!

Too boring? A fabulous selection of all types of civil aircraft in all kinds of livery is more boring than rows and rows of BA-only aircraft? I'm not overly interested in BA aircraft, and probably wouldn't participate if it came to that.

Kev

Those of you who would like to build airliners to the theme of Gone but not forgotten, why not just join the GBNF group build? Should it make sense to start a groupbuild, then you will need to choose a theme that isn't covered by anything else at the moment. Seeing that it is the world's most prolific airliner, Boeing 737 would be an interesting theme - and then I would allow all 737 derivatives too - including the P-8 as it shows the adaptability of the airframe. Imagine a groupbuild that could show the humble beginnings of the 737 prototype and then put it next to a 737-900, and liveries spanning the globe - that would drive the point home and put modelling into a wider context.

Jens

Those of you who would like to build airliners to the theme of Gone but not forgotten, why not just join the GBNF group build? Should it make sense to start a groupbuild, then you will need to choose a theme that isn't covered by anything else at the moment. Seeing that it is the world's most prolific airliner, Boeing 737 would be an interesting theme - and then I would allow all 737 derivatives too - including the P-8 as it shows the adaptability of the airframe. Imagine a groupbuild that could show the humble beginnings of the 737 prototype and then put it next to a 737-900, and liveries spanning the globe - that would drive the point home and put modelling into a wider context.

Jens

Great idea! I have some 737s that need finishing and this looks like the ideal first airliner GB.

Aaron

We've been doing regular group builds here in Brazil.

Only the themes were kind of broader ideas: first was the B737 (and we had nearly ALL the B737 family represented, it was great) and the current one (to be finished by mid november) is cargo planes.

We are right in the middle of the voting process for the next theme - "Widebodies" are winning, one step ahead of "Trijets"... let's see what comes out.

As for the current GB we have some amazing stuff, such as a DragonAir B747-300F (an Airfix kit fully corrected from every single original flaw it may have!), a KLM B747-400F, a B707, B727's , Antonov's, etc...

Do it here, and i'll be glad to take part on it as well

BEst regards

Eduardo

On AVIATION DERAM (the forum eduardo just mentioned), we are going to the third GB and so far look like will be widebody's.

http://www.aviationdream.net/portal/index....5;topicseen#new

CIVIL RULES, EVERYWHERE!

:thumbsup:

Sounds cool.

Shame the Minicraft kit is junk (my 777 has such a huge warp)

Nice avatar, by the way!

We are still waiting for the sub-forum. Otherwise, we are ready to go. I need to know who is interested, please contact me or Felix (VC-10) with what you would like to build. There is no limit!

Sounds cool.

Shame the Minicraft kit is junk (my 777 has such a huge warp)

Nice avatar, by the way!

We are still waiting for the sub-forum. Otherwise, we are ready to go. I need to know who is interested, please contact me or Felix (VC-10) with what you would like to build. There is no limit!

So Gareth are you talking about the Gone but not Forgetten Airliner GB?

I have a few in mind, will have to check the stash.