“Wife and modeling� story…

Just to share a quick “wife and modeling†story…

I sit down at the work bench last night and on the paper towel I put down to hold my disassembled air brush, every once in awhile it gets the big clean. Now I should stress that I am fortunate enough to have two of them. The other one is very old and I don’t pamper it very much. The one on the paper towel is about 9 months old and I swore that I was going to keep it as clean as when I first brought it home.

As I was putting it back together I started to slide the needle in place, realizing it wasn’t going in properly, I give it just a little more force… no way, it ain’t going. As a matter of fact, it took some effort to get it out.

After removing it I put my headset on (Can’t see close up that well), the needle is caked with some rock hard crust, and the very tip is somewhat bent. From my chair I yell out to my wife in the living room…

“Honey, did you use the needle on my desk for anything?â€Â

Wife. “Oh, yes… the ‘Crazy Glue’ tip was clogged so I looked around for something to poke it withâ€Â. “It didn’t work because it was hard all the way throughâ€Â. “Is there something wrong?â€Â

Me. “No, just gotta run to the art supply store for a bitâ€Â

Wife. “Pick me up a bottle of Crazy Glue while you’re there?â€Â

Me. “Sure willâ€Â

:yahoo:

Ah ... she knew what she was doing, got you to go get her crazy glue ... :cheers:

Good call on not getting mad but I'd gently tell her what it was and that it's not a normal needle ...

for future reference ...

Gregg

Yea, pretty much the same type of scenario in my house. I gave up getting mad or frustrated long ago, you don't win and you end up in the dog house for days for something that only cost a trip (that you like making anyway) to the hobbystore or art supply store. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Robert

Yea, pretty much the same type of scenario in my house. I gave up getting mad or frustrated long ago, you don't win and you end up in the dog house for days for something that only cost a trip (that you like making anyway) to the hobbystore or art supply store. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Robert

you got that right brother. ;)

Good communication has saved many marriages...Good for you and her.

Rule #1. No one cleans or goes near my hobby area, but me under NO!!! circumstances...

Rule #2. Read rule #1 until you thoroughly understand or see me for a clear clarification.

Edited by Angels49

-got to love 'em, haven't you ?

--the authorities will always find the encriminating body elsewise.

(glad you've got a great relationship !)

n49710523_-1.jpg

Make sure the dog house has the necessary modeling tools and supplies

A TV & a Futon might not be a bad idea either :salute:

B :P

a happy marriage = each having their own model room and supplies. I don't borrow his stuff unless he is there and says it's ok. And Steve honey, I'm scared to go in that mess you call a man cave, I think there was something growling in there earlier tonight. When my daughter Katie was here visiting, she looked at the mancave and asked when my son moved in with us, cause it looked like his old room.

mandie

a happy marriage = each having their own model room and supplies. I don't borrow his stuff unless he is there and says it's ok. And Steve honey, I'm scared to go in that mess you call a man cave, I think there was something growling in there earlier tonight. When my daughter Katie was here visiting, she looked at the mancave and asked when my son moved in with us, cause it looked like his old room.

mandie

I just spent a half hour digging crud and things I don't want to try to identify out of our refrigerator...I'll grant that I should do more of that but it was three spills that had not been cleaned up for some time...the things that bug me about it are due to my wife and our son I don't cook much at all and I am very careful putting stuff back up in the refrigerator. So I was wondering why the one that doesn't cook is the one cleaning up the mess made by the ones that do cook :sunrevolves: . After all I don't ask them to clean up the garage/shop or my work benches.

No I will not discuss it with my wife or complain about it (except here) since I might be crazy but I'm not stupid! :cheers:

The garage/shop is a mess due to one kid's junk not stowed (they did promise to do that) and the other just tosses stuff into his area and other areas.

to prove my point about a happy marriage= 2 hobby rooms, I just needed the alcohol to clean one of my paint brushes and he had used it all. Tomarrow I buy 2 bottles of alcohol...but it is nice having him help me when I get stuck on a project.

mandie

• 8 months later...
So I was wondering why the one that doesn't cook is the one cleaning up the mess made by the ones that do cook

In my house and most restaurants, the cook/chef never cleans up or does the dishes.

Edited by Wayne S