The Modern Phantom Guide

This guy took a lot longer, and proved to be far more challenging to do, than I originally envisioned, but it's finally finished. It is expected to return from the printers early next week, so I've gone ahead and turned on the links to allow ordering.

This beast is by far the largest Modern Guide so far, weighing in at 228 pages and 1096 full-color images. It covers USAF and export versions of the F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4F, F-4G, RF-4C, and RF-4E. Appendices further cover special variants such as the ARN-101 DMAS F-4E/RF-4C, F-4F ICE, Greek DIAS and F-4E AUP, and the drones (QF-4E, QF-4G, and QRF-4C).

As is always the case, this book just would not have happened without the help of many. A German WSO went out to his jets nearly every day to gather photos and answer technical questions, Mark Hasara supplied tons of great photos of the Pave Tack and 3 TFW jets, "Mr. F-4" (Bill Spidle) sent me literally hundreds of F-4 photos from his enormous collection, and several other phixers and phliers answered countless technical questions. It's amazing how much of the fifty-year old jet had never been covered before, and it wouldn't be now if it weren't for these people.

At any rate, the book is available for order now. Price is $41.95, available at www.reidairpublishing.com.

If you would like to order the book for pick-up at the IPMS Nationals in Columbus, DO NOT order through this site, or the site will charge you shipping. Instead, send me an e-mail stating your intentions and I'll input your order manually without shipping charges.

Thanks, boys!!

ModernPhantomGuide_18-19.jpg

ModernPhantomGuide_26-27.jpg

ModernPhantomGuide_40-41.jpg

ModernPhantomGuide_62-63.jpg

ModernPhantomGuide_104-105.jpg

MPG_56-57.jpg

Edited by jmel

i'm still not sure if i want to get this yet, could you maybe post up another 200 or so sample pages just so i can be sure? :lol:

seriously, this looks to be the ultimate reference guide, great job! i'll definately have to grab me one of these!

Bill

Just wait to see what the local store sells for first so I don't have to worry about the money exchange and postage.

What is your local store?

Of course you could have doubled the number of pages and included all the NAVY versions! :thumbsup:

Yeah, no kidding! I originally intended to do just that, but it would be about 500 pages -- or more!-- if I had.

Oh man! I do SO not like you anymore, Jake!!! I'm trying to save money here!!!

I feel your pain, Don. Every time Afterburner Decals releases a new sheet, I have the same problem.

USN/USMC/RAF/RN can be expected next month, right?

You got it! :cheers:

i'm still not sure if i want to get this yet, could you maybe post up another 200 or so sample pages just so i can be sure? :worship:

:worship:

Oh man! I do SO not like you anymore, Jake!!! I'm trying to save money here!!!

:D :jaw-dropping:

You're trying to save money; Ok,......remember when you were a kid and your mom took ya shopping with her, and a candy/toy stoe was next door to where she shopped, and all you could do was look, cuz you couldn't go inside......well THAT'S how I feel right now!!! :) :jaw-dropping: .

Edited by Angels49
Hello Jake,

:) Wow, phantastic stuff! A true labour of love! :) :soapbox:

Much like your F-4 decals, Diego!

The Books looks Great.Any Being Shipped book Stores In Califormnia Yet.?Or Amazon books .? :woot.gif::rolleyes:

It'll be quite some time before any trickle down to book stores. Distribution orders won't be filled until later this month after the Nationals. Currently, I have no plans to sell this title on Amazon. In fact, I've been thinking of discontinuing Amazon altogether for all of my titles.

Did I see that you were vending at the IPMS/USA show next week? If so hopefully you're bringing along a good supply of these and I'll pick one up then.

I'll be there! Stop by and say hello.

Thanks for all the orders, guys! The delivery date got pushed back slightly to this Friday (August 14), unfortunately, due to a slight delay with Customs.

Jake

The books got here a few days late, but they are here!!!!! I'll be able to ship a lot of them out tomorrow (Tuesday), but driving to/from the Nationals for the next few days will make it tough to ship very many any of those days. Please keep that in mind if your order is running a day or two behind when you'd normally expect it to arrive.

Thanks, guys!

Jake