My stash before I found this website and after:(

To paraphrase the great sage Crocodile Dundee: "That's not a Stash...Now THAT's a Stash!"

100_0328.jpg

I've probably got another couple dozen here and there around the house. Fortunately The Stash is about 95% 1/72 WWII aircraft, so it doesn't take up too much space.

Oh, and here's Mandie's Stash..a bit more eclectic than mine, but she also has another couple dozen scattered about.

100_0329.jpg

SN

Okay, well my first wife did not like the models. oh well you can guess who one that arguement. My wife lets me have my own roon to myself for the models and they have to stay in that room. Though they sometimes stray to other parts of the house. But always get diverted back to here.

Frank

Nice start Fulcrum. Looks like you'll have your own STASH in no time :)

Im jealous of you folks who can get all your kits in one picture (and still be able to see what the kits are!)

I had a sizable stash before i met my Mrs. Luckily she doesn't have a problem with them (Except that the kits are now starting to over flow the 2 builtin wardrobes), otherwise she wouldn't have lasted this long :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work Fulcrum, gotta post up milestones like 500th, 1000th Etc! Just remember to spend some time making them too :whistle:

Denzil

Good job, fulcrum. I've been on here since 2004 and I haven't got as many as that. It's a starter stash...what you've got. The only ones I have multiples are of the Esci MiG 23S. I shall end my stash collecting with the Hasegawa F-22 Raptor and then start building. :unsure:

Edited by The_Animal
To paraphrase the great sage Crocodile Dundee: "That's not a Stash...Now THAT's a Stash!"

100_0328.jpg

I've probably got another couple dozen here and there around the house. Fortunately The Stash is about 95% 1/72 WWII aircraft, so it doesn't take up too much space.

Oh, and here's Mandie's Stash..a bit more eclectic than mine, but she also has another couple dozen scattered about.

100_0329.jpg

SN

Here in the UK, that's a good sized model shop not a stash!

A friend of mine was selling off his stash - he is planning a move in the spring and wanted to get as much sold as he could prior to the crunch time. He is mainly an armour guy but he had a good stash (50 or so) of aircraft. So my stash was about 24 and its now closer to 40.

He had some pretty good stuff.

I think his armor stash is easily 300+

Nice growth there! My stash ballooned for a while after I found ARC. I've been in the process of reducing it lately, but still have dozens of half-built kits around the workshop. I was close to 200 unbuilt kits at one point, but I think I'm back down to about 25-30, which is where it'll stay until I get all of them built, and I mean that, honest!

Jon

I know what your taking about with the wife....

When I start back in the hobby... I had 4 kits..... now I have about 80-100! They we living in my youngest sons room.. till he need more space.

Now they are all in my bedrooms wardrobe. My wife's shoes on one side and then all my kits on the other! I have been told no more kits are allowed into the house, so I have started stash number to at work currently sitting at 15 kits and growing :)

I was just re-entering the hobby when I found this site 6 years ago, I thought members here were nuts with giant stashes. I really thought you all were crazy.

Then I realized I was generating quite a pile. Now, after 6 years, I have over 350 in the stash, and have built 190.

I've been totally sucked back in to the hobby! And I love it! :(

:(

Mike

My stash is just shy of 300 kits and not growing much more now. I have them stacked to the ceiling next to my desk.......I'm doomed if we ever get an earth quake. :crying2:

I can just see the headlines now;

Quake News : Man killed by plastic airplane mountain! :pray:

Julien

after reading and seeing these pics, I don't think my "stash" can be considered a "stash." lol

I have about 25 kits, only duplicates are 3 tomcats. Since I have found ARC, My stash has grown, I never considered keeping unbuilt kits. I would get one, build it, and then get another one, and so on. I'm happy with my kits, and am trying to add just a few more. I'm really picky about what I like, mainly modern jets. I have one prop that i think is pretty cool. I'm also trying to up my quality, get a few more hasegawas and tamiyas in the mix, instead of revell-ograms.

heading to the Buy/Sell section after seeing this post!!! haha

In order to "Shrink the swelling" I have resorted to combining Like kits by bagging parts and stacking fuselage halves. This way my four Revell Strike Eagles appear to be one. Was only able to get two 1/48 C-130's in one box though...

Other problem for me is I Love Aircraft-Armor-ships-Cars-Trucks-figures-

I do have to inventory it all someday for insurance purposes...

:thumbsup: You sure about that, Jon?

I'm lucky that I delayed getting my morning coffee... it could have ended up all over my computer screen!

I'm determined. Dropping money on kits has taken a back seat to WWII Army Air Force pilot uniform groupings. They're a little pricier than buying the kit to go along with them. The P-47 pilot grouping I'd love to get my hands on right now is gonna run me $1100, which is well more than I can afford, so I've gotta scrimp and save every last bit I can to put a down payment on it!

Jon