Their going to ruin Top Gun?

WHY, the Tomcat is gone, the Superhornet will never be sold to the public the way the Kitty was. I SAY NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As unholy and blaspheming as it is to say in front of the Tomcat Fan Club, year, they kinda will sell the Shmooper Hornet to the public the way the Turkey was. Because the public thinks "Hey, cool jets," and then moves on. The public does not pay attention to thrust-to-weight ratio, avionics, radar capabilities, range, speed, etc. That is in part because the public, viewed as the broadest segment of our population, does not build models, and indeed at this point doesn't seem to be aware that anyone else still does.

What amuses me is that if the movie is anything more than rumor, remote possibility, or even hoax, the Navy once again gets help from Hollywood. It is truly amazing what the Navy gets away with among Americans, compared to the other services. This is not a criticism of the Navy, but just amazement.

Edited by Fishwelding

:coolio: Maverick was NOT!! a big stud, Charlie was a dud, Goose was cool, Iceman was a fool, Viper had class, as an instructor Jester would pass, the rest is not Follyweirds' best.

This "movie" if it goes thru will probably be in the same order as "Waterworld" :thumbsup: .

I think they should be KC-135 pilots, then they could call it "Top Boom" or "Top Hose" or "Top Nozzle" or something :thumbsup:

J

Now that's funny.

They'd better make that film now while they're still flying Super Hornets.If they wait too long they'll have to shoot the film using (dare I say it?)F-35's.....man,that's just wrong.

Edited by coairmech88

Damn... "Their egos are writing checks their bodies can't cash!" Way to ruin a movie. Wouldn't say their movie story line was good. The only thing good actor in the movie was the Tomcat, the F-5F and E's and the Skyhawks. All the rest (humans) except the stunt doubles (the Navy pilots portraying the flyers) were duds.

If they do release a Top Gun 2, I'm going to go see it at a theater near an Air Force base. When I saw TG1, the theater near Seymour Johnson AFB was full of 4th TFW F-4E pilots. It was like Mystery Science Theater 3000 cranked up to 11! :doh:

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

I say why not? Its only two decades late. I'm sure it will be a smash hit. It will also be a chance for younger fans to pick it up and get back into the original, which much like McGillis, has not aged well.

This is a bad idea on its face I don't even need to pull my Tomcat Mafia card.

If they were really clever they would fight Iran so you can still have Tomcats (Don't worry they are not clever)

Bonus points for Iraq, Afghanistan and any other politics -- Hollywood movies having to do with the military never seem to touch on any of those subjects

As long as Jerry Bruckheimer and Tony Scott are involved, I will remain optimistic.

But if they should cast Megan Fox in any role, I'll lead the boycott.

Hear, hear! Absolutely! I agree all the way!

Bruckheimer & Scott would make it worth seeing. All they would need is to get Hans Zimmer to do the soundtrack! BUT, I would hope that this time they would use real squadrons and make it a more serious movie. Maybe even rated R.

V.C.