Has the 1/48 Revell A-6E Been Released?

My LHS has two for $28.99 each. Is this a new tool or still has raised panel lines?

Old (though still quite good) tooling, raised detailing.

dose it have the TRAM parts with it?

Yup.

Cheers,

Andre

Yes Kinetc has a 1/48 A-6 coming out and from what was posted awhile back, Trumpeter/Hobby Boss wants to get in to the act and had put their 1/32 A-6 on the back burner and are concentrating on 1/48 Intruders, A & E versions.

Jari

I've got one of the older boxings. The kit can be built either as a TRAM or pre-TRAM, as such it has two instrument panels. In my case, I am thinking about getting one of the new issues and doing a wing swap with the EA-6A so I can do an A-6B for SAM hunting duties.

^_^ I hate using some website searches............I specifically called out the A-6E Intruder at Hobbylinc :P , Thanx for the correction :whistle:

The search feature at that site sucks real bad. Just typing in any of the teen series fighters will result in overlooked products and random aircraft not even remotely close to what you're looking for. The best way to search for a product there is by scale and then select manufacturer. So instead of searching for "A-6," select 1/48 aircraft, then select both Revell Monogram & Monogram. Then you gotta scroll through to find the new A-6E.

Squadron has them but their description is misleading:

"Kit features engraved panel lines, detailed cockpit with two crew figures, separately molded control surfaces, optional open or close 2-piece canopy, detailed landing gear and speed brakes, external stores"

Picked up the Revell kit last weekend for 31.00. They come with VA-35 and VA-85 hi-vis markings. I won't be using them, so if anyone is interested in the decals... I'm on the hunt for VA-115 Eagle decals.

I've got 2 in the stash & intend to do the Yellohammer VA-34 & the end-of-era VA196 scheme. That Aeromaster sheet has the end-of-era VA-115 sheme that i'm not gonna use, so if interested drop me a PM.

image of Aeromaster decal sheet

But I also see that Fightertown is pushing out a desert storm intruder sheet that is also looking tempting.......

Edited by FIGHTS ON

We've got a couple of sheets at print at the moment. ODS part 1, VA-xx and VA-xxx dis-establishment and a VA-35 History. ODS part 2 will be a bit further down the road.

But in the meantime, this may be one of my favorites and we released it last year -

48037VA-75coverx.jpg

VA-75x.jpg

VA-75bx.jpg