Straight from the source:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/a/en/news/20120412/2107.html

Probably a scale down of the 32nd errors, but certainly better than ESCI/Italeri offering

What errors are there in the 32nd scale kit? I know that "Zactoman" did some intakes, But I think in the shrink down to 1/48th cale those shape errors will be less noticable.

What errors are there in the 32nd scale kit? I know that "Zactoman" did some intakes, But I think in the shrink down to 1/48th cale those shape errors will be less noticable.

I was referring to the need for corrected intakes in the 32nd scale kit. I haven't looked for any others. You're quite right that it may not be as much of an issue with the smaller, newer kit.

I just wish they fix some errors from 1/32 kit, nose and front fuse,spine....and even if they don't I will get all the versions they release and all the resin upgrades- just like i did too many times...great news indeed! I think there is huge market for 1/48 Floggers...

Edited by Petarvu

I just wish they fix some errors from 1/32 kit, nose and front fuse,spine....and even if they don't I will get all the versions they release and all the resin upgrades- just like i did too many times...great news indeed! I think there is huge market for 1/48 Floggers...

They have virtually no history of correcting errors when they scale their kits down, so I wouldn't count on them doing it this time. We can always hope, but I would not bet a penny on it.

Frankly the errors in the 1/32 kit are NOT all that significant - especially when compared to some of their other bombs. There is an intake front profile shape that's a little bothersome, in 1/32 it takes a small chunk of styrene and a little sanding. In 1/48, it might only require sanding. It's REALLY easy. I think this will be a fantastic offering, and hopefully will lead to a full line of Floggers in 1/48 of ALL types.

What I find interesting is that they announced it as a MiG-23M - when they DO NOT have a MiG-23M in 1/32, only a MiG-23MF. Granted the only discernable difference are the hinge dampers for the rudder (mistakenly referred to as the double hinge) on the MF, so this will require a different vertical and rudder from the MF. Will be interesting to see if they go that far. If you want a Soviet Cold War Flogger, this will be your bird. If you want a Warpac bird, or a Afghan, or similar, then you'll have to wait for the inevitable MF, ML and MLD...

Now if they'd just get their attack Floggers going in 1/32!

I'm sure others will be able to complain much more deeply about the "myriad" of inaccuracies on the 1/32 MiG-23, but for 95% of modelers, it will be a VERY nice kit, certainly one of their better efforts. It's received tremendous support from the aftermarket, so we have some hope of the same for the 1/48 kit.

GREAT NEWS!

It was only a matter of time. I am looking forward to seeing the kit. Now that there is a new kit coming out; perhaps those of you who have been hoarding the Kazan update sets will consider parting with them on Ebay.

The MiG-31 is perhaps one of the biggest gaps out there. It's been in service in relatively large numbers for a long time now, and has never been addressed in 1/48 (anyone citing the Lindberg kit needs to have their head checked).

MiG-25 (and variants), MiG-31 are now all the more glaring holes due to this announcement.

The MiG-31 is perhaps one of the biggest gaps out there. It's been in service in relatively large numbers for a long time now, and has never been addressed in 1/48 (anyone citing the Lindberg kit needs to have their head checked).

MiG-25 (and variants), MiG-31 are now all the more glaring holes due to this announcement.

Other big gaps in 1:48 and 1:32 Warsaw Pact aircraft are decent MIG-23BN kits, as well as the whole range of MIG-27 versions. And in big scale we are missing a Su-17/22 family.