Mitsubishi F1M2 Reikan in a beach diorama

Hi all!

I'd like to show you my completed diorama st in Satawan Atoll,Micronesia in 1943.It took me 8 months to finish and I enjoyed every single minute of it!

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Panagiotis.

198_zpseb54e0a2.jpg

196_zps0d25cf3b.jpg

193_zps1dc1f5d9.jpg

184_zpse5b457f9.jpg

180_zpsb4aeca09.jpg

177_zpsb968ccba.jpg

166_zps50f515f2.jpg

144_zps01fc465f.jpg

142_zps4ce0ae6b.jpg

133_zps8a7d88db.jpg

Thanks for sharing that. You did me a huge favor and brightened up my day by showing just how much awesomeness can be achieved with determination and a good eye.

:D

When I looked at the first picture, for a moment there, I actually thought I was looking at a reference picture. Then I realised you made it and my jaw hit the floor! That is an unreal diorama. Actually, it looks VERY real. That belongs in a museum for everyone to enjoy for sure

How did you achieve that lovely aqua color to the sea? More to the point, how did you do the sea in general? It's the most realistic looking water I have seen in a very long time. I would love to know how to get water like that

Well done!!!

MH

Stunning--too often used for mediocre work--but in your case it is truly stunning. The model is almost an afterthought, the diorama is so dominating. And the natural sky in the first shot is genius.

A great work! I'm truly amazed at how well the water, the hut ant the pier are done.

PS: I suppose the scale is 1/48; it's always good mentioning a parameter so critically important for every model (even more important than naming your aircraft, since most of us can actually see what aircraft it is : )

Respect,

Alex

Stunning diorama :worship:/> I can hear the waves from here :lol:/>

I can feel than you had fun building this one.

What material did you use for the trunk and the roof ?

Edited by toniosky
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...