Squadron Sale Sucks

Happens I have a copy of the pic they used to black out.

That is what gave it away for me, and when I checked some references online to verify my idea the first sentence was the second clue almost word for word!

Also,

I just received an email stating the are getting a shipment of stuff to restock. Whether or not they were just holding some back or the really are restocking is up for interpretation of course, but they will hopefully have some good stuff available.

Squadron never got my attention ever. they do have some killer deals sometimes but like everyone else stated, everything is always out of stock. I get deals at my LHS because their distributor has over stock and cuts the price in half and he just orders around 5 to 8 kits and they go fast.

spruebrothers is my online retailer.

Edited by randypandy831

After yesterday's clue, if there's anyone who doesn't know who it is, he flat out knows nothing about WW-II. Happens I have a copy of the pic they used to black out. Knew right away, no clues needed. Hal

Kind of funny that this whole thread is dedicated to trashing Squadron, yet folks are so afraid of not winning the shopping spree that they are tight lipped about the answer. Hmmm. Just sayin'. I know who it is and I wish you all luck.

Edited by Sebastian Haff

Kind of funny that this whole thread is dedicated to trashing Squadron, yet folks are so afraid of not winning the shopping spree that they are tight lipped about the answer. Hmmm. Just sayin'. I know who it is and I wish you all luck.

I don't think it is about unnecessarily "trashing" a company/retailer. It was more an honest discussion on the incredible lack of stock they currently have or are withholding. It is no different than if a big box store was widely promoting (I've gotten countless emails over the past week) a BIG sale and then you showed up and all the shelves were empty before the actual sale really started. Yes I know that they've had a "pre" sale but when doesn't squadron have a sale? As I stated, I'm interested to see how the stock looks at 8 tonight.

They aren't the best retailer. But sometimes you can get som dang nice deals from them.

I don't shop at Mal-Wart either. There's nothing you can get from Squadron (or Mal-Wart) that you can't get for as good, or darn close to as good a price from someone else. I know enough about some of the principals at MMD to know I don't want my dollars going there.

I don't shop at Mal-Wart either. There's nothing you can get from Squadron (or Mal-Wart) that you can't get for as good, or darn close to as good a price from someone else. I know enough about some of the principals at MMD to know I don't want my dollars going there.

Can you elucidate?

I don't know when I am able to pick up a 1/32 He 111 on sale for 38 dollars I will go with Squadron anytime. The closest I found to that was over 50. That extra money I saved will get spent on other goodies. Also what "principals" are you speaking of.

I got everything on my list at 50% off!

As usual, one of the guys in our club has everyone give him our want lists, and he just puts in one huge order, so we always make the 50% threshold. There were 2 kits that I was kinda interested in, but they had been out of stock for over a month, so I wasn't really expecting them to get the kits in stock in time for the sale, nor was I pissing & moaning about how "Squadron Sucks". <_</>

Just my 2¢.

Larry

OK, so everyone who got good deals, please show us your lists. The hot items were all gone except for a few. (I got in with Flying Fortress and got him the Trump Missouri for $235!) But I will give them the benefit of the doubt if you can come up with a LIST, not one or two items that was worth the effort.

-Jim

Also, it really doesnt hurt my feelings to hear people sound off about their opinions. If you like it, Great, if you dont, Great! The one thing in America that can not be taken from us...our freedom of opinion.

Jennings,

We all know how you feel about Wally World from your postings in that thread. There is no need for you to continue to pound us with those feelings here in this Squadron thread. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen

I've had so-so luck with Squadron.

Their monthly flyers usually end up the same way, pretty much everything I ordered is out of stock and I end up with a refund or credit.

I just stopped buying from them because I got tired of getting the same old, same old from them.

They do have great stuff and great deals, but you almost have to be living next door to them to be first in line to get what you want..

Its a shame, really.

Cheers, Ian

I join the disappointed folks who wanted a few things on sale from Squadron, only to find them out of stock. Some were OOS before the sale even began.

This is not a general bashing of Squadron. They've been pretty good to me over many years. It just seems that, of late, whenever they have a sale, my wants are not available. And I'm not alone, judging from the posts here and other places.

Rick in Maine

I got everything on my list at 50% off!

As usual, one of the guys in our club has everyone give him our want lists, and he just puts in one huge order, so we always make the 50% threshold. There were 2 kits that I was kinda interested in, but they had been out of stock for over a month, so I wasn't really expecting them to get the kits in stock in time for the sale, nor was I pissing & moaning about how "Squadron Sucks". <_</>/>

Just my 2¢.

Larry

Larry I didn't say Squadron sucks..I said the squadron sale sucks. Two completely different things. Squadron is not bad to deal with and they have good customer service. That being said their sale sucks. A lot of things are out of stock, it just so happens it is everything I am interested in and appears that its stuff that many other people are interested I too. Now I'm referring to just their aircraft selection nothing else. Maybe their books and armor selection is out of this world, but their aviation selection is horrible. If I am going to sit down and shop at a website which has this awesome Black Friday sale and nothing is available wasting my time, then the sale sucks.