NEW Hobby Boss PLA J-11B Flanker..

Does anyone know if this kit is available anywhere yet? It has been three weeks since it was released, so I would think it would be available somewhere? I contacted both SB and LM and they have no idea when it will be available. :crying2:/>/> :crying2:/>/> :crying2:/>/> :pray:/>/> :dontknow:/>/>

Any news on this front?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

P.S.

Any idea what version will be released next? I noticed that there are lots of test shots of the UB version....

Edited by f-16

Maybe Im a glass half full kinda guy, but im just really chuffed that there is a better kit of one of the sexiest jets. Looking at the instruction manual and sprue shots, there really isnt any comparison with the old academy kit. Yes the wheel bays are wrong. I wont buy the 2 seater as the canopy looks really odd to me. But every one of the 1/72 single seaters I have seen of this kit has looked pretty good to me. Granted its not in the same league as the kinetc sea flanker but hey, Im still chuffed. On a side note, one wonders if trumpboss has the same team that does research for planes that does for ship? Am slowly making my way through hms hood and its a great kit...

Edited by dryguy

OOOPSY.... My fault... Sorry about that.

Sometimes I type so fast in anticipation that I use the wrong link... Sorry...

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I think you send the wrong link, it goes to Su-33!

this is J-11B link and yeah, there is a build going:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234932992-148-sukhoi-su-27-shenyang-j-11-flanker-family-by-hobbyboss-j-11b-released/page-2

any idea of what would make for a good pilot figure, any reference shots of J-11 pilots and helmets?

I remember seeing that there is someone on ebay selling pilots and ground equipment for the PLAAF in 1/48. I think the brand is "Dream....something". I will do a search and see what I come up with. I believe they are meant to go with the Chinese AF kits that Trumpeter put out.

EDIT Ok found it, Go to ebay and enter "dream model PLAAF" in the search bar and it will come up.

Edited by skyhawk174

There are some nice comparison pictures of this bird next to academy one over britmodeller.

I think they got many things right and we have a much better 1/48 flanker, now.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234932992-148-sukhoi-su-27-shenyang-j-11-flanker-family-by-hobbyboss-j-11b-released/

:blink: Indeed! Only just in time to save cuttin' the Kinetic Su-33 kit! :woot.gif: Perhaps I may even sell that kit to someone down in South America as well. Anyone in?

• 3 weeks later...

I finally ordered one of these from sincerehobby.com. They are $42.00. After first time customer discount they come out to $37.00. Shipping via air parcel Is $15.00. I couldn't find any US retailers so I went ahead and impatiently orders from over seas. The price didn't seem bad. I would probably pay the same or more once it is available here.

Anyways... I just thought I would put the word out that these are relatively affordable from said outlet. I look forward to the other releases including the early flanker.

Mike

Edited by Wayfarer 30

I finally ordered one of these from sincerehobby.com. They are $42.00. After first time customer discount they come out to $37.00. Shipping via air parcel Is $15.00. I couldn't find any US retailers so I went ahead and impatiently orders from over seas. The price didn't seem bad. I would probably pay the same or more once it is available here.

Anyways... I just thought I would put the word out that these are relatively affordable from said outlet. I look forward to the other releases including the early flanker.

Mike

I guess you were lucky, it is sold out now...

I guess you were lucky, it is sold out now...

Bummer! Sorry to read that. Well that makes two kits I cleared out of a vendor. I bought the last MiG-15 bis from Hobbylinc earlier this week.

Hopefully they restock soon.

Mike

Bummer! Sorry to read that. Well that makes two kits I cleared out of a vendor. I bought the last MiG-15 bis from Hobbylinc earlier this week.

Hopefully they restock soon.

Mike

I actually was able to grab one J-11B after I read your message.

Thank you for the heads up

Juan

I think my Academy kits will be donating there canopies to new Trumpeter ones.

Didn't someone do a 48th Flanker canopy in vac?

Fairy Hobby did a Flanker canopy in 1/48 for both the single and two seaters. But the single seaters are long gone and I can't find any anywhere. There are still some of the twin seater canopies available I believe.

I think my Academy kits will be donating there canopies to new Trumpeter ones.

Didn't someone do a 48th Flanker canopy in vac?

From the pictures, I think new 1/48 HB J-11B canopy is quite good and probably won't need replacement. Have to see it in more reviews and in hand to be sure... Also, academy canopy is too small anyway.

Edited by foxmulder_ms