1 hour ago, KursadA said:

This is great, it looks like they finally started adding tail art to the operational aircraft. I will put this sheet on the front burner and assign a product number soon.

Great to hear! Now I can order a kit knowing that there will be something good to put on it.

4 hours ago, achterkirch said:

Is that the hasegawa kit? Or What did you use?  

Hasegawa CMV-22B kit. They don't show that you can swing the wing in the instructions, but if you clip off the smaller pin in the wing, it can swivel on the larger pin. The nacelles are moveable in the kit. But the blades had to be replaced by the Black Dog resin set. Now it's ready for markings. I like that Mount Fuji one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 9:48 AM, Paul Boyer said:

I left BuNos and nose numbers off my model while I wait for colorful aftermarket markings to come along. (Fingers sequentially drumming on workbench.)

HasCMV-22B.JPG

Now I am going to have to buy one.

Another possible new subject at least to 1/144 scale would be the C-46 now that Wolfpack will be releasing the Platz kit under the Wolfpack label.  Should get better distribution than the Platz kit did.  Might have some room on the sheet to add the Iconic Flying Tiger Airlines aircraft 

3 hours ago, aircal62 said:

Another possible new subject at least to 1/144 scale would be the C-46 now that Wolfpack will be releasing the Platz kit under the Wolfpack label.  Should get better distribution than the Platz kit did.  Might have some room on the sheet to add the Iconic Flying Tiger Airlines aircraft 

Or just scale down 72093.

What about 57FIS F-4C/E and F-15C/D's from the pre-mod-Eagle period? All previous releases are currently looong OOP and the market should be there, catering to both US and European customers. 

Hasegawa's original F-15E boxing is still fairly well available allowing for swapping parts to make an F-15C with CFT's, and includes the "stubs" to fit the AIM-7's. 

And you can never get enough of F-4E ADC markings. Same with the F-4C in ADC scheme 😉

EDIT: Should have specified 1/48 scale 😜

Edited by Niels
4 hours ago, Niels said:

What about 57FIS F-4C/E and F-15C/D's from the pre-mod-Eagle period? All previous releases are currently looong OOP and the market should be there, catering to both US and European customers. 

Hasegawa's original F-15E boxing is still fairly well available allowing for swapping parts to make an F-15C with CFT's, and includes the "stubs" to fit the AIM-7's. 

And you can never get enough of F-4E ADC markings. Same with the F-4C in ADC scheme 😉

Niels, Kursad released CD72126 - 1/72 F-15 "ADTAC Eagles" a year or two ago now. It includes Iceland Eagles.  57th FIS Phantoms decals are available, but I would love to see Kursad apply his expertise to them as well. K/r, Dutch

How about decals for Ukrainian AF F-16s when we know what they will look like.  Pilot training looks like it will be completed for the initial group pretty soon.  I would think that they would use the current Camo scheme but they may show up with a digital scheme.  Anybody know what Block F-16s they are getting?

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

20 minutes ago, Bo105flyer said:

How about decals for Ukrainian AF F-16s when we know what they will look like.  Pilot training looks like it will be completed for the initial group pretty soon.  I would think that they would use the current Camo scheme but they may show up with a digital scheme.  Anybody know what Block F-16s they are getting?

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

They will be getting F-16AM/BM's from The Netherlands, Norway and possibly some other users who has transitioned to the F-35. Color scheme is unknown, but there are rumours that the first ex-Dutch jets may be transferred within a couple of weeks. To be confirmed, hence too early to make decals for somehting you have no references on. But this will come in due course I assume (y) 

Thanks @Dutch - but not building 1/72, only 1/48.  

3 hours ago, Niels said:

They will be getting F-16AM/BM's from The Netherlands, Norway and possibly some other users who has transitioned to the F-35. Color scheme is unknown, but there are rumours that the first ex-Dutch jets may be transferred within a couple of weeks. To be confirmed, hence too early to make decals for somehting you have no references on. But this will come in due course I assume (y) 

Thanks @Dutch - but not building 1/72, only 1/48.  

I was only suggesting that when there were references available that decals of these aircraft round be nice to have.  Thank you for the info on the variant of F-16 that maybe offered as we haven’t seen them yet we can’t be certain of what the Ukraine’s  will receive.  I was only asking if it was document as to the exact variant they would be flying.

1 minute ago, Bo105flyer said:

...as we haven’t seen them yet we can’t be certain of what the Ukraine’s  will receive.  I was only asking if it was document as to the exact variant they would be flying.

Actually there is certainty on what variant they will receive, as The Netherlands has stated they will transfer (atleast) 12 F-16AM/BM's and Norway another 12 F-16AM/BM's, so no uncertainty there. The uncertainty lies in when they will be handed over, and here there is speculation if the Dutch will transfer the jets already in a couple of weeks. This all depends on when the pilot training is completed, and here there is much secrecy.
Color scheme is naturally only speculation at this point, and something everyone is pondering about. We shouldn't be surprised howeever if it is the standard 2-tone FS36118/FS36270 scheme with the Ukranian ID markings on them. Keep it simple as they say 😉 

On 12/23/2023 at 5:37 AM, aircal62 said:

flyingtiger-C46edit1.jpg

Rick L.

14 hours ago, Niels said:

EDIT: Should have specified 1/48 scale 😜

Hear hear!! I will second that!

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

Thanks, Niels - these are great. I am expecting the Indiana ANG to repaint their newly acquired jets in the HG5 scheme as well. Then I will put together a new Dark Vipers sheet as soon as possible.

93rd at homestead as 87-0289 (former WI ANG F-16) painted up in full unit markers in HG5

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11176223