Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
bikerider

Here we go....

Recommended Posts

Just hope Mav isn’t sporting a squadron patch for VAW-110, an E-2 RAG, like he did in the original flick. Pretty sure Hawkeyes don’t break Mach. Otherwise, can’t wait!

afoxbat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

helmet with pressure suit locking ring jacket, some kind of prototype jet?  Tomcat in the time of no mo F-14, jennifer connelly looks tasty, can a F-18 loaded with 2000 lb bombs invert flight?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good points, but, it’s Hollywood! They don’t consult NATOPS for accuracy....

afoxbat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda looks like the original movie, Stealth, and Mission Impossible all wrapped up into one. Maybe I'll go see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I be sold on a 57 year old Navy fighter pilot?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fly with Gooses son in a F-18 get shot down and escape ins a stolen tomcat, then fly back in an aurora and bomb Iran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WymanV said:

Should I be sold on a 57 year old Navy fighter pilot?

 

Base on the footage, looks like Tom Cruise is flying in the backseat of a F/A-18F, lolz...😎😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Base on the footage, looks like Tom Cruise is flying in the backseat of a F/A-18F, lolz...😎😎

Does look like that...

 

The photo above looks like his booster seat needs adjustment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 1:32, my guess that the guy doing the "getting all emotional-pointing & yelling" trope is going to be Goose's son, the resemblance is there.

 

I absolutely loved the original.  It was the very first movie that I ever played at home, hooked up to the stereo when stereo VCRs were new-fangled, and just played the flight scenes over and over again.  I could post images of the dozens of F-14 kits I have in the stash, the F-14 books in my personal library, me in an F-14D cockpit at an airshow, on, & on, with the point of origin being the summer of 1986.

 

Buuuut...

 

Its a hard pass for me.

 

I got bamboozled hard by the last two Star Wars Trilogy movies, no need for Top Gun to do the same, going to be quite happy with the pleasant memories from my youth and the resulting plastic, paper & resin in the stash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

fly with Gooses son in a F-18 get shot down and escape ins a stolen tomcat, then fly back in an aurora and bomb Iran

You know, that works!! The full pressure suit explains the Aurora! Hollywood triumphs again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m looking forward to it! Just wondering what the F-14 tease is for at the end of the trailer?

Oh, and watch his shoulder straps slip off at the end when they go inverted.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hooker169 said:

I’m looking forward to it! Just wondering what the F-14 tease is for at the end of the trailer?

 

My post from 18 APR:

Francesco Chierici, better known as Paco, the creator and producer of "Speed and Angels"  was on the  22 MAR 19 Fighter Pilot Podcast.  He was talking about his new novel "Lions of the Sky", and was describing a scene from the book where the hero ends up in Iran, steals a F-14, and flies it back to the carrier.  He then goes on to say that he recently found out that something similar happens in Top Gun 2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a big pile of S#!+ !!! The biggest part of the trailer is full of CGI, the music tries to resemble the one from the original film and the dialogues, well...

 

I know a lot of you guys won't agree with my opinion BUT, you can't have a second film called "TOPGUN" for many reasons.

 

For me, this is another attempt from Hollywood to fill their pockets with a lot of money and as usual revamp an old movie.

 

Just my two cents.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SERNAK said:

What a big pile of S#!+ !!! The biggest part of the trailer is full of CGI, the music tries to resemble the one from the original film and the dialogues, well...

 

I know a lot of you guys won't agree with my opinion BUT, you can't have a second film called "TOPGUN" for many reasons.

 

For me, this is another attempt from Hollywood to fill their pockets with a lot of money and as usual revamp an old movie.

 

Just my two cents.

 

 

 

which part?

 

The cat shot is real, reason why Cruise is on the back seat.

The scene when I take some G is real too, look at his face.

The SH division part may be real, we will see.

 

And what is the point filming real A/c at Starwars transition, if the movie will be full CGI?

 

Top_Gun_12_18_18_50.jpg?resize=768,410&s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

helmet with pressure suit locking ring jacket, some kind of prototype jet?  Tomcat in the time of no mo F-14, jennifer connelly looks tasty, can a F-18 loaded with 2000 lb bombs invert flight?

 

They did it in Pensacola Wings of Gold - while attacking Iraq they flew inverted to avoid radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ishthe47guy said:

 

My post from 18 APR:

Francesco Chierici, better known as Paco, the creator and producer of "Speed and Angels"  was on the  22 MAR 19 Fighter Pilot Podcast.  He was talking about his new novel "Lions of the Sky", and was describing a scene from the book where the hero ends up in Iran, steals a F-14, and flies it back to the carrier.  He then goes on to say that he recently found out that something similar happens in Top Gun 2.

 

Thanks Ish, that would certainly explain it. Hopefully they can work that that into the plot well enough that it all coalesces but on the surface I have to admit it kinda feels lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the trailer yesterday. It put a huge smile on my face and I felt my pulse quicken. You’re damn right I’m seeing this in the theater! Maybe they’ll do a short run of the original in theaters too!

Edited by picknpluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am beyond excited.  The trailer brought back at lot of emotions with just the music alone.  Take it for what it is and suspend a little “realism”- it’s a movie after all!  This film ought to inspire a whole new generation of fighter pilots just like the original one captured my imagination and set the vision for my future career.  I can’t wait!

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, camus27 said:

They did it in Pensacola Wings of Gold - while attacking Iraq they flew inverted to avoid radar. 

 

 

was it in "Call to Glory" too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...