Hi all,

I've made a mess!!

This is the first, almost finished nozzle I've made. As you can see, I'm new to soldering PE, and have probably not picked the best subject to learn on??

EduardExhaust.jpg

The jig is turned down from a piece of PTFE. Extremely slippery and heat resistant.

Nige

Hi...

Whats the diameter of that jig?

I think i have to start this kit. I'll might do a camo? versio...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all

Anybody know, does emergency oxygen green container on ejection seats must be on coridor side only or nop ?

The photos in the DACO 'Uncovering...' book show this on the inboard side for all seats; I imagine to facilitate service/replacement without having to pop the seat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

I thought I should post something here as nothing has been added in over a year...

I have finally completed my modified nacelles for the 1/48 Monogram kit. As we all know, the kit parts are too short and have the B-1A lumps on them.

resincowls3.jpg

As you can see my nacelles are longer and don't have the lumps. I have made them to fit the Eduard exhausts or the kit parts, in my opinion the CE exhausts are too small. I have a set and don't like them...

Here is a shot of the standard kit parts. Note how close the afterburner is to the exhaust opening...

plasticcowls.jpg

Here's my parts.. deeper and with some internal detail..

resincowls1.jpg

An external comparison..

resincowls.jpg

Here are the resin parts, fresh out of the mould. as you can see, I'm new to this moulding stuff!!

resincowls2.jpg

Now, here's the big question... I need to know what YOU think of these parts. Please be as critical or complimentary as you like. I am prepared to remake the master if it's really far out. I've got the bug to get this right now!!

Thanks for looking in

Edited by Nige

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question - I know that the recent boxing of the 1/48 Bone has plastic/vinyl tires instead of the rubber ones.

Are the 'plasticy' ones much inferior to the rubber ones? Has anyone used them? Perhaps, it would be possible to see some photos of those new tires/gear assembled with them for comparison? Or maybe you know of an on-line build where they have been used? I think all the ones I've seen had the rubber ones.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Michal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and recently completed the 1/72 monogram BONE. I crewed the bone for my entire air force career all the way to retirement in 2013. the builds posted here are outstanding ! I have included a few pics of my completed 1/72 scale BONE. The 1/48 scale is in my stash and will be started soon. A lot of scratch building went into the 1/72 kit to bring it to B model specs. If anyone has any questions about the BONE in general I will be more than happy to answer them. Thanks !

DSC_0041_zpse449c48c.jpg

DSC_0036_zps55dd3e8e.jpg

DSC_0033_zps0083972f.jpg

DSC_0029_zpsf653ace4.jpg

DSC_0027_zps5edc1ce7.jpg

Hello there!

I am happy to find this topic!

I am about to start my big Revell Bone in 1/48, and plan to scroll these all 55 pages ! ^^

Bye!

Romain

• 1 month later...

I was on Airfighters earlier, and noticed that 85-0072 was now an Ellsworth bird. When did that happen? She was my favorite bird at Dyess when I used to work the flightline there. I know she had a weapons school WA tail code for a while, but now she's up at Ellsworth.

http://www.airfighte...Lancer/85-0072/

Edited by carlizle84
  • 9 months later...

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and recently completed the 1/72 monogram BONE. I crewed the bone for my entire air force career all the way to retirement in 2013. the builds posted here are outstanding ! I have included a few pics of my completed 1/72 scale BONE. The 1/48 scale is in my stash and will be started soon. A lot of scratch building went into the 1/72 kit to bring it to B model specs. If anyone has any questions about the BONE in general I will be more than happy to answer them. Thanks !

DSC_0041_zpse449c48c.jpg

DSC_0036_zps55dd3e8e.jpg

DSC_0033_zps0083972f.jpg

DSC_0029_zpsf653ace4.jpg

DSC_0027_zps5edc1ce7.jpg

I love your model. How about a "How To" thread on how you were able to drop the flaps and slats on your model? Im sure it would be closely followed.

Thanks,

Chris

nigel, i just saw your post regarding your cans. they look great to me. it appears that you used the eduard photo etch turkey feathers with your own internal burner cans. is there a possibility that you are going to market all of the above or just the burners and we would have to suppy our own feathers? i'm guessing that you never got a reply to your queries regarding dimensional information for how deep and so forth. that sucks. there used to be some b-1's at hill afb in utah when my daughter worked there 10 years ago. i was able to drive within 40 foot of them but they wouldn't let me out of the truck. it looks as if you have hit the mark with your rendition. can you please post more pics. as with everything that you do your work is amazing. thank you sir

Edited by mustangbob51