What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

Roden An-12 Cub(Yaa!!!) :D

Matchbox HS125-600

Italeri Hawk T. Mk.1/51/66

Hasegawa F/A-18A Hornet w/ Leading Edge "80 Years RCAF" decal

Trumpeter F-8II Finback

All above 1/72...

Oh ya, and some more x-zacto blades :D

I picked up a couple of jars of paint. My LHS just raised it paint prices to 2.99 for a 1/2 oz jar of MM enamel. It occurred to me that model paint costs $811.37 per gallon <_< including state tax. And people think the oil companies are screwing us? I used to work in the auto parts business and even high end automotive paints don't cost that much.

Airfix TSR-2

Hase 1:32 P-26A Peashooter

Eduard 1:72 L-39 Albatros "Around the World Dual Combo." This is a really cool kit: two planes, both with colour photo etch, and one with a really cool golden dragon image across the tail and much of the fuselage. It's a great deal for about $35 CDN!!!

WB

Airfix 48th MkIX Spit,

Model Alliance decals 48th Jaguar GR.1's + GR.3's part 1,

and some plasticard and plastic tubing etc......

All from Brigade models in Sittingbourne..........met Bill Clark (hi :thumbsup: )

and resisted the urge to buy the CA Canberra.

Paul.

I got the new Academy F-8P (FN) from my LHS. It does include the new double slated wing, larger stabs and all antennas particular to the French Crusaders. The decals are fantastic!

Edited by Dr. Plastic

Got a ton of stuff, some masks for aircraft, some Alclad Paint, a resin cockpit (this is all the free stuff)...

Paid for stuff included the IMAI 1/100 Nippon ***** for $75, and 2 armor kits at $20 and $25... (though I should have checked first... the dum*ss started them both, nearly finishing them, and finishing them rather horribly..... I'll get over it, but at the moment, I'm fairly ****** off.... my fault I guess)

• 2 weeks later...

Flew to Calgary just to see Uncle Rick at Uncle Bills hobby......oh yeah and my brothers wedding :cheers:

Anyway....picked up a two seat Hasegawa 1/48 scale Starfighter for only $35. And another 1/72 phantom S.

Two sets of Tutor cockpit sets, (one for Elmo). Several leading edge decal sheets (I even meet Dave who IS leading edge) one sheet has since been delivered to Tony Hayes and Elmo should be getting his today.

Rick even has a chair set up for the wife as she waits for the husband in the store. Smaller store then I thought but dang he packs a lot of great product in there. Big time worth to flight to Calgary.

Picked up a few things the other day:

Tube of Squadron putty

Jar of Solvaset

1/72 Hasegawa KA-3B Skywarrior

and a Monogram Snap-Tite kit of the carrier USS Constitution for my son (complete with little A-4s, F-4s, and A-3 Skywarriors). I had that kit as a kid, and it's kinda neat to see my 7 year old putting it together.

Mike

Got the Eduard Royal class Fokker D.VIII Limited edition,

Comes with 3 kits C.VII(Alb), D.VII(Foc) and D.VIII(OAW), 3 sheets photo etch, 3 sheets eduad mask, 4 sets lozenge decals and 12 (!!!!) seta of aircraft marking, plus a resin petrol bowser and a replica full size Blue Max

This is one cool kit

Also picked up 1/72 A-7 and 1.35 A34 Commet cruiser tank.

Julien

At air support hobbies in Kitchener, a 1/48 Haseagwa F-14D VF-213 last cruise. Really good price too. One still there on hold for Tony Hayes, and if he doesnt take it its mine!

Hey, fair's fair - isn't that why they have those benches in the middle of shopping malls?

Karl, you ain't seen my wife in a hobby shop. At 3 Floors Hobbies in New Westminster. The last time I turned my back, she was down the stairs to the model section (while I was talking to the proprietor) and when I saw her next she had three model kits and was asking me. "Honey, can I get this other one too?" :crying:

My bank account runs screaming into the wilderness every time I think of going into the hobby shop, because my wife will be two steps behind me, looking for kits of her own. :D

Edited by The_Animal
Karl, you ain't seen my wife in a hobby shop. At 3 Floors Hobbies in New Westminster. The last time I turned my back, she was down the stairs to the model section (while I was talking to the proprietor) and when I saw her next she had three model kits and was asking me. "Honey, can I get this other one too?" :rolleyes:

We should all be so lucky...

The only time I get any remotely positive attention from women it involves my credit card and $3.99 a minute.