Had a date with an Eagle today

Had the extremely fortunate experience of an incentive flight with the 102nd FW today. I am beat right now, so will just post a few pics and a bit of text. Had an OUTSTANDING pilot, KIMO, and we did an unrestricted departure at 400 knots to 10000 feet, flew over Marthas Vineyard, did a low approach to Nantucket and high speed departure (I am sure the rich folks loved that), and did a bit of aerobatics off of Provincetown, but had problems with my right ear clearing, and then some touch and gos back at Otis....nicest weather we have had in months. I was not allowed to take a camera unfortunately.

Will post some of the launch shots taken by the 102nd once I get them.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers

Ken

and, no, I didn't puke :wave:

Before getting strapped in with my son Michael

DSC_3492.jpg

Me in the back on one of our touch and gos

DSC_3546.jpg

And me getting out drenched :)

DSC_3582.jpg

Ken,

Glad it finally happened, always nice to get a ride with a MiG-killer.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Simply outstanding! So happy for you!

You look quite natural in Nomex...both shots, before & after, give the appearance of an old hand at it.

Looking very forward to the pix!

Good to go,

Jim

Crap,22 years in the Air Force and ANG working on aircraft and all I got rides in were trash haulers and gas passers!Glad to see the unit gave one of thier biggest supporters a incentive ride :whistle: ....ok,now what did the pilots knick-name you?C'mon,we all want to know........ :thumbsup:

Glad you were a no bagger,if you missed the bag,the crew chief would have had the cleaning supplies waiting for you at shut-down :rolleyes:

Hey Ken I have been bending wrenches for 26 years and no ride for me but,,if anyone should get it it should be you!!! I salute you for all you do for the guard and the military.

Great News Ken, Congratulations and Most Deserving !!!

Nice to see you had your Special Crew Chief along too !!!

I Envy You !!!

Gregg

Guys,

thanks much for the kind words. I will have more pics, just have to wait for them. It certainly was a humbling experience and quite the honor. I couldn't have asked for a better pilot, and as Murph said, a MiG killer one as well.

I also will be doing an article for ARC covering everything from how the flight came about (secret to me, and huge thanks to my wife, for 2.5 years working on it with the unit) to training and the flight itself. A couple of prominent guys here on ARC were contacted as references, and I didn't even know it. A huge thanks to them - they know who they are. ;)

Thanks again guys,

Cheers

Ken