Participants and GB entries

Hmmm, I do want to participate, but I am having a tough time selecting a kit. The reason for this is I am torn between one good sized entry versus maybe one or two smaller entries. I've gotten in trouble in the past of biting off more then I can chew, or trying to do too much and losing interest part way through. Anyway though, here are my possible choices:

Airfix

1/72 Concorde (a monster, in more ways then one and it would take most of the GB to finish)

1/144 Concorde (could be done relatively quick)

1/72 TSR-2 (a good choice, but also a choice a lot of others want to do)

1/144 Saturn 1B (potentially a quick build and unique)

1/48 FRS-1 and/or FA2 Sea Harrier (also a possible Falklands GB entry)

1/144 BAe 111

1/144 727-100 (love the short body Boeing)

1/48 Spitfire Mk IX (great kit)

Captain Scarlett Angel Interceptor

1/72 LM (would violate the mostly OOB rule if I go to town on it like I want to though)

Heller

1/72 Concorde (same kit as Airfix, different marking option, but I would use custom decals for mine)

1/72 F-86 Sabre (do one up as a QF-86 target drone, just so I can do an in flight display with NO pilot)

1/72 Ouragon (would like to do more to this one though as opposed to OOB)

1/72 Super Etendard (again, a crossover build subject with another GB)

1/72 SAAB J-29 Tunnan (a funky looking jet, but potentially a cool subject to build)

1/125 Soyuz/Progress capsules

1/288 Ariane IV

So, any thoughts about what somebody might like to see from this list?

Jay, go for the Saturn 1B. As for the LM....if I understood the rules correctly, you could do as much or as little detailing to your kit as you wanted.

I too have the LM and I want to do it. I have another LM that I partially started and I may continue with that one too, later, after the build is done.

Justin

Daryl J. aka Daryl Johnson, the dentist

Painting gods be willing, I'm in.

A what-if is planned: ;)

Spitfire 22 in USN/USMC gloss sea blue, stars and bars, in recon form, unarmed, Korea.

If there's time:

1/48 Hurricane with a few Falcon, Eduard, and Ultracast goodies in the mix. Plenty of questions for all of you on this one. Hope to do a black/white underside.

1/72 Lancaster in US Coast Guard markings -or- USN anti-submarine patrol.

:)

This is going to be a good one!

Daryl J.

PS: Since I'm a creaky antique computer illiterate, what's a good PC-based program to upload images to photobucket?

I'm in - registering a BAe Hawk and Douglas B-26 Invader for the time being.

Currently adding finishing touches to a pair of Airfix Sea Harriers for IPMS(UK) Harrier SIG display at SMW 2006 - I'll start on the Hawk and Invader soon.

Good to see you in for this one tim!

Julien

Mike, a question <_<

Is the New Eduard Spitfire Mk22/24 (which is basically an Airfix kit with added extras) ok for the GB?

Julien

Juien

Sorry but I am drawing the line at reboxings.

:banana:

MikeJ

I wasn't going to enter this GB as I am already planning something for the DOTR GB. However, due to the recent news about Airfix/Heller/Humbrol I've decided to enter this one as well. Ironically my entry is a kit I won from one of Breadboard's surprise raffles.

Charlie "Cheetah" (Charlie Arsenault)

1/72 Airfix TSR-2

Edited by Charlie "Cheetah"

Well, my first model for the GB will be the Heller 1/72 F-86F. I am going to try to do it up as a QF-86F Navy drone. It will be an in flight display with no pilot, since it is a drone afterall. :blink: After that and only when I get it done, I'll work on an Airfix entry (probably a 1/144 Saturn 1B). I have a Tomcat Sunset build entry to finish up this weekend first though. So it will be a couple of days before I can start on this one.

I didn't think there was an OOB rule on this build. Am I thinking in error (again)?

Jay

There are no limitations to aftermarket in this GB, unlike the Matchbox and forthcoming Monogram GB's.

MikeJ

Gents

This is coming along a treat!

28 participants with 53 potential builds (not including optionals)!

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

Hi Guys,

I thought the General discussion thread had gone quiet - then I realise you're all hiding in here in a shiny new forum!

Here are my four entries. I'm going to comit to building all four by deadline, and you can remind me of that later. :D

Here they are...

entries.jpg

I was going to do the Airfix Arado 196 but I see someone's already bagged that. In the interest of diversity I've swapped to the Whirlwind which will be finished with Model Alliance decals for an Ark Royal machine.

My other Airfix entry will be the P-80. The intention is to finish it as "'Saggin' Dragon" from the box art, but we'll have to see how that goes with the ancient decals. Plan was to use the sun bleaching trick to get rid of the yellowing, but a couple of weeks of sun here in the UK, before the deadline,might be a challenge!

I see we've already got a Heller T-28, but I bought an etch set and decals for this one, so I'll continue. This will be finished in French Air force markings from Modeldecal.

Finally the Starfighter, which will become a Greek two-seater using decals form Carpena.

All of which can be started once I get this out of the way; not agroup build entry, but it is Airfix so think of it as an inspiration post...

inspire.jpg

Looking forward to this GB, made all the more poignant by recent events. I'll open a seperate build thread for each kit as I go along.

Here's to a good one :thumbsup:

Steve.

Hmmmm...

Technically, you are meant to start the build after GB commencement date.

Let me think on this and post an answer.

Do you recall what date it was when you started?

:cheers: and thanks for answering these seemingly trivial questions

MikeJ

Edited by madmike