1/32 AJ 37 Saab Viggen 1

Have been in mind a few years ago, this year I has a confident to build it. Since I’d scratch built a 1/32 Hawk 208 last year,

Hawk208Complete1-1.jpg

Link-

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=136018

I might be able to make a Viggen better (I wish) even though I’ve noticed that Viggen had a difficult shape to handle with.BTW , I’ll give my best on this project. I wish that can have some input from an entire ARC member here.

I’ll go for AJ version because I has been downloaded a lot of pictures for JA, In fact I got the Neomega cockpit set that can used as a reference. In fact I also used ESCI AJ 37 Saab Viggen instructions as for outline drawing.

Let see the pictures…

Built up the frame by using High Impact plastic…..I like them very much because it’s quite an easy to cut with.

VIG1-1.jpg

VIG2-1.jpg

VIG3-1.jpg

Next progress will be the putty treatment. Let see on the next post.

Any critic, comments are welcome….Thanks for viewing. :woot.gif:

1/32 AJ 37 Saab Viggen 2

This progress is what I call it build up a roughs shape. I had used a lot of scrap as a sponge, left over plastic and what ever things that’s can fill up the space between the high impact frame. And cover the whole shape with Polly putty.

Pictures might help me to describe it.

I’d cut the wings though. That does will make an easy to works with Polly putty. I’m not so worry because that’s was just a guide line to works with the proportions.

VIG5-1.jpg

Sand it down till we can see the frame line.

VIG6-1.jpg

And cover with liquid plastic (inspiring from ARC member).

VIG7-1.jpg

Next progress will be a front part and nose….see you on next post.

Thanks for viewing.

:woot.gif:

1/32 AJ 37 Viggen 3

Build up nose…..as usual, build up the frame and putty….

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

Cover with liquid plastic….and polly putty…

VIG11.jpg

VIG13.jpg

Rough shape for nose is ready….next progress are build up the basic shape. This part I like very much.

Let see the process…

Started from FRAMING, ROUGH SHAPE and Now BASIC SHAPE.

VIG14.jpg

VIG15.jpg

VIG16.jpg

VIG17.jpg

VIG18.jpg

VIG19.jpg

Thanks for viewing,

:woot.gif:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: Absolutely stunning! I'm looking forward to see the progress of this, and I belive you have made some true fans among the Swedish modelling comunity.

One word of advice though, don't look too closely at the ESCI kit as it's shape is anything but accurate.

Good luck :lol:

Cheers

Per

(P.s. Let me know if you need reference images. D.s.)

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! B) Absolutely stunning! I'm looking forward to see the progress of this, and I belive you have made some true fans among the Swedish modelling comunity.

One word of advice though, don't look too closely at the ESCI kit as it's shape is anything but accurate.

Good luck :banana:

Cheers

Per

(P.s. Let me know if you need reference images. D.s.)

Per,

Thanks for all kind of words,Thanks for an advise as well....I'll double check on that matter.

Yes i'll need a reference especially on undercariage for AJ versions.I did downloaded from the web, BTW ...I wish can have more reference of this bird. I'll appreciate it. My email add- naza2craftusiast@yahoo.com.

Pete,Jeff- thanks....I'll give my best....stay tune :cheers:

Naza

this looks great.i have big trouble with the putty thing :D just cant have enough nerves to keep sanding so i have to sand in several stages :D

Yours look great too, just needs 3 stage sanding to get the shape back. Its quite normal if build from scratch. :)

Hashim this is great work, very inspiring. What kind (brand of) polly putty & liquid plastics are you using?

Thanks....polly putty is actually the real car putty thats you can buy from car hard ware store. Any brand will do....

rom- yes i will go for splinter camo , because AJ's versions mostly painted in splinter camo.(correct me if i'm wrong... Thanks again.

Esci kit is actually i bough from one of collector....its was crash in car accident....pitty him....I kept it so long....and now i make use to it.

Thanks guys for the great support, i'll appreciate it....managed to works on nose part yesterday....I'll post some update ASAP....See you...

:taunt:

Naza