The Prize of your Stash

Hard to say which one is the prize of the stash, it's a toss up between the Testors 1/48th YF-12A, Monogram 1/72 Young Astronauts YB-52 W/X-15 under the wing, 1/48th Monogram Prototype F-18.....or maybe it's the Aurora AH-56 Cheyenne.....I cant decide....I'm going back to the model ROOM!!! :thumbsup::cheers:

In fact...too many "special" kits!!!

Like........

1/48..MPM BV-138

1/48 POMK Sunderland

1/32 Jerry Ruttman Finish Buffalo (extremely rare!)

1/32 Jerry Ruttman P-51B

1/32 Revell Tornado F with Flightpath conversion andParagon slats and flaps!

1/32 Echelon BAC Lightning

1/32 Mirage and Kfir conversion

.......just to name a few..... :thumbsup:

Just a few more I forgot about, they are so buried. 2 YZR-M1 MotoGP bikes with Top Studio detail kits and anodized aluminum forks, Three 1/24 scale Enzo's with the ScaleMotorsports super detail set, and a couple of Rosso 1/24 scale car kits(RX-7, Ferrari 512TR).

Mark

For me it woud have to be these to two kits as I don't want to mess up both of them and I don't feel I'll do them justice yet just yet

1/32 Trumpeter A-10a

1/48 Eduard Royal Class Fw190A-8/R2

Probably have to say the Tamiya 1/50th (brilliant scale!) F1M 'Pete' floatplane I recently snagged on eBay (for a very reasonable price). I'm really looking forward to having a gap on the workbench (and the guts!) to have a go at it.

22-06-07

If it's most prized then i would have to go with:

FM Sci-Fi Models 1/24 ( i think)scale Viper from the new Battlestar Galactica with the Starbuck pilot figure. Apparently quite a limited run. They were also supposed to be doing the Mk7 Viper, but no word on that yet.

Also:

My Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A with Wolf Pack markings (K39)

My two Airfix 1/72 TSR2's (could be persuaded to part with one, looking for a Heller Alouette III in 1/48 - 1/50 or Classic Airframes Avro Anson #4122 :whistle: )

MPC Empire Strikes Back Snowspeeder and the original MPC X-Wing

Fujimi 1/72 F-4B with Jolly Rodgers markings ( G-11)

Heller 1/50 SA Gazelle 342 L

Liam

Edited by yeehah1

The prizes in my stash include these rare resin kits (all 1/48):

Classic Resin Airframes Fokker G-1A

Raccoon Models Yokosuka E14Y "Glen"

Classic Castings Northrop A-17 "Nomad"

Wings, Ships & Wheels A.N.F. Mureaux 115 R2B2

Modelkrak/Jadar Polikarpov Po-2

Edited by bjohns5

Hmmm...tough question. Some kits it's the value, some the age, some because my wife bought them for me:

Hasegawa 1/8 Fokker Dr.I

Hasegawa 1/8 Sopwith Camel

Tamiya 1/32 F-16 Thunderbird

Trumpeter 1/32 N/AW-10

Modelshipways USS Constitution

Nichimo 1/24 Hughes MD500

Hasegawa 1/12 300zx (diecast engine)

Pocher Phantom II

Thought this would be interesting to see what everyones most prized kit was either unbuilt or built.Like the guy who has that Hemi Cuda or 1969 Z/28 in his garage ,

For me probably would have to say my 1:48 Hasegawa F-18C with wing fold still sealed or my 1:48 Pro Modeler F-15E Sealed. For Decals VF Decals VF-103 Tomcats for sure !

Eduard Storch - the one with no clothes on. It scares me just to look at the box :coolio:

Trumpeter Mi-8 1/35

South Front Mi-26 1/72

Roden An-12 1/72

and Trumpeter Tu-16K-10 1/72

Those are my babies, waiting when i will have much more skill, to build them, ESPECIALLY THE MI-8! :thumbsup:

Well mine ain't rare, but have to be my Tamiya F-4E Phantom 1/32, reason why this is the prize over things like the A-6E 1/48 and EA-6 is the fact that i saved a long time to get this, when it was at full price of £120 before tamiya cut there prices and to date the most expensive kit i have brought.. I have the Eduard Colour PE for it but i rather get a BB pit for it, but everywhere seems to be out, but as soon as i find one i might build up the courage to actually attempt it..

Pat

Edited by Starfreak

My most rare kit must be my Bandai 1/100 Macross II VF-2SS Valkyrie kit. I think I have 2...

Most prized is my big stuff; 1/32 scale Tamiya F-16 and F-15, Academy F/A-18D and Trumpeter 1/32 Flanker, 1/350 USS Nimitz and HMS Hood... Because they cost me my arms, legs and spleen.

as far as rare, i don't know how rare, but a 1/16th scale nichimo 68-69 shelby gt-500 that i have been putting off building for some time. i have a cobra 427 engine from the amt cobra kit to put in it since the kit engine is basically a big square block o'plastic. also gonna scratch the running gear.

but the one that i want to do up right is the academy 32nd f-18d. i have built the c model O.O.B., but with the "D" i have the B.B. cockpit, eduard placard set and external details, and i'm thinking about getting some seamless intakes. i want to really go out on that one. there's a thread on a build from the past here that i really would love to get the pics from. they are gone because of he age of the build i guess.

Bill