The Prize of your Stash

Thought this would be interesting to see what everyones most prized kit was either unbuilt or built.Like the guy who has that Hemi Cuda or 1969 Z/28 in his garage ,

For me probably would have to say my 1:48 Hasegawa F-18C with wing fold still sealed or my 1:48 Pro Modeler F-15E Sealed. For Decals VF Decals VF-103 Tomcats for sure !

I've got lots of interesting kits, and even more that interest me because of the subject I'm going to build them as.

As for my 'treasures', I think it would be my 1/48th scale Bleriot XIs. One of which is in the box released for "Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines." Paid $15 USD for it. It special because I'm going to build one of them as the Bleriot XI replica my grandfather financed back in 1952/53.

I guess my prize is the 2 Bilek F-6's (Mig 19s) that I have in 1/72, I love the Farmers -hence my screen name and it took me years to finally get these great little kits, had to get them from Hannants, and they are no longer available there. 1 to build and 1 to save!

A Highplanes CHeetah C , 3 monogram F-19s & a Anigrand A-12. I did consider my Esci Backfires prized, until Italeri rereleased them.

Ves :yahoo:

well I have 3 Heller 1/48 Mirage 2000Ns and two Airfix Mirage 2000Bs as well as a host of 1/48 Mirage F.1s and Saab Viggens.

To be honest though my most prized are my Hasegawa 1/48 F-15s (all 30 of them) as I am trying to collect at least one of each and every boxing ever made. I just got the "Best Guy" (Japanese Top Gun movie) kit which to me is the hardest to find.

The kit that I prize in my stash is the 1/48 Revell Westland Wessex. At this point as it so hard to get, I am even scare to try to build it for fear that I will screw it up. But guess one day I will have to bite the bullet and build it.

Robert

I probably have three choices (out of MANY candidates):

For a vintage kit I will probably never build, most prized goes to a Comet 1/125 scale Boeing 707 Stratotanker kit. It is really a pretty accurate representation of the Boeing Dash 80 in its early configuration. I bought it from the collection of a late friend.

For space nostalgia, I have an original first box issue of the Monogram 1/144 Saturn V moon rocket kit. This is the nice early 1970s packaging (might even be 1969 copyright) with the white border and bold colored lettering on the box. You don't see packaging like this anymore.

For one that I plan to build, it would have to go to one of a pair of Monogram 1/72 Space Shuttles with boosters sets that I have. I've done some preliminary work on one, but usually pack it away as I know it can be a long slog. But, I may have the opportunity to build one here pretty soon as the local museum is going to be doing a display related to local boy and NASA astronaut Clayton Anderson who is on the ISS right now. I've volunteered to build a model for the display and one of the possibilities is a 1/72 shuttle stack of Atlantis from STS-117 (complete with repaired hail dings on the external tank). I hope they chose the 1/72 shuttle personally as I know I can make it a BIG eye catching piece sure to wow museum goers.

Some of the old Jo-Han car kits I've collected (and plan to build) would be among my most prized; these include the '64 Chrysler Turbine Car, the '34 and '35 Mercedes-Benz kits and the '31 Cadillac Town Car.

Also; the Pyro 1/32 '52 Chevy Custom Wagon (currently in progress), '30 Model A Woody and '37 Chevy Coupe kits. All fairly rare kits nowadays.

Don't really have too many "rare" aircraft kits. I have a great deal of nostalgic fondness for the Monogram 1/72 P-36 (2 copies) and F8F Bearcat (just finished one, have several unbuilt) but nothing you could really call a collector's item.

:blink:

Old Blind Dog

My Trumpeter A-10 with the CE Pit and External Set and TwoBobs experimental camo decals. Thinking about getting the squadron canopy.

I love the A-10. Best damned aircraft out there. =P

The prizes of my stash are a 1/12 scale Rosso NSX(very rare), a 1/12 scale Fujimi SkyLine GTR(rare also), a 1/32 scale Tamiya Real Action Sound A6M5 Zero, and a 1/9 scale Kawasaki ZX-RR racebike.

Mark

In auto's : Tamiya Porsche 935 with the Scale Motorsports detail kit that includes the photo CD.

12023.jpg

935%20Web%202.GIF

In A/C :Tamiya 1/32 F-14 that will be converted to a VF-2 F-14D using the Cutting Edge stuff,Eduard and and Zotz decals..

Tamiya 1/32 F-4C/D that will be built as a 'Mig killer' 507th TFG F-4D s/n #66-550

This a/c flew over my house many times when I was a kid... Mine will be in Hill grey II scheme....

Photo credit goes to JinXX:

F-4D66-7550.jpg

Edited by Scot M

Would have to be my 1/12th scale Esci F-16 Cockpit that I want to convert to a Block 25...

SciFi would be my StarFury and my Cutaway Star Trek Enterprise

Cars... Hmmmm 1970 Monte Carlo SS that is being reworked after the wife dropped it...

William G

It may not be terribly collectable or rare, but I have an original release Monogram TBD still sealed (thanks SSgt Roof). I'll never open that one.

Of course, I don't have to-I have some 50 Monogram TBD kits...

Ken

A couple 1/72 AMT XB-70s

A Entex 1/12 BMW 3.0 CSL

Trimaster TA-152 & FW-190F8

AMT 1/32 X Wing Fighter w/ sound

Two 1/32 RAF Tornado with ALL the Pargaon bits. $$$

Tamiya Caterham Super Cycle personally given to me by Mr Tamiya.

79f0_12.JPG

Edited by GForceSS

I didnt realize how demanded these kits are that I have in my stash... And I bought all these from ARC Classfieds... And NO, none of these are for sale

1/48 Hasegawa F-14D "VF-213 Last Cruise", paid about $55, curremtly about $75-$80 in the ARC Classifieds

1/48 HAsegawa F-14A "VF-154 Black Knights Atsugi 25th Anni." Free to make up for late shipment, saw one recently @ $90US here in the classifieds

1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18A, I paid about $35 , just really hard to find an "Alpha" right now.

1/72 Airfix TSR-2, prize from one of Breadboard's chatroom contests, Currently about $50 in the classifieds(Thanks Hal)