I'm curious - what is that saw used for? I don't think I've seen one like that before.

Stacey

That's a fretsaw, used mostly for delicate saw work in for instance plywood. You can cut very tight corners with it. We used them at school a lot when I was a kid.

NCpilot, did you make that paint rack or purchase somewhere. Looks like it holds lots of paint and those shelves just seem too good to be true. Looks custom.

Same question to you dmthamade. Thanks. Looking for something like that for my paints!

NCpilot, did you make that paint rack or purchase somewhere. Looks like it holds lots of paint and those shelves just seem too good to be true. Looks custom.

Same question to you dmthamade. Thanks. Looking for something like that for my paints!

Hello IrishGreek!! My paint shelving unit was homemade. I used 3/4" X 4" pine wood throughout, bought from Home Depot. The whole unit is 20"h X 48"w.

Spacing of the shelves is determined by the size of the bottles. I made it two bottles deep to give me double storage capacity. The back is made of leftover tongue and groove pine planking, 1/4" thick IIRC, though plywood would also be fine. I used carpenters glue and small brads ( nails) to assemble it. Very easy to do, anyone with basic model skills should be able to build one easily. I also clearcoated it with polyurethane to make cleaning easy. Come to think about it, i`ll need to make another one as i have more paint from other manufacturers that i need to shelve. Now where did i put that table saw??

Don

Don, That's an awesome paint rack. Would like to build one, but since I live in a townhome. I haven't been able to set aside a small spot for myself and I'm relegated to the kitchen table. And frankly, until my wife gets another decent table for the computer setup that we have. I won't get the kitchen table back.

Oroka, don't forget to insert the ~maniacal laughter~...in there too. :monkeydance: Lucky dog! :thumbsup:

Generally goes better if you go "It's mine...Mine...ALL MINE!!!! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!"

Edited by The_Animal
My workbench and man cave is a continueing work in progress- just glad to have my own sanctuary to relax in after work. It sure is a whole lot better than the damp, dreary, and dark basement I used to be in. After lots of procrastination, I finished the basement out and civilized the downstairs of my house. The workbench is laminate countertop on two cabinets from Home Depot. The pegboard is screwed into the back of the the two larger cabinets which house lots of storage space for misc. modeling mess: ) It isn't always this clean.............

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

I wish it stayed this clean! : )

Hey NC Pilot, your setup is awesome! One of the best I have seen. Looks like someone has a touch of OCD though judging by how organized your paints are and how your models are arranged! :monkeydance:

Awesome man, really awesome. I need a house with a basement!!

Hey NC Pilot, your setup is awesome! One of the best I have seen. Looks like someone has a touch of OCD though judging by how organized your paints are and how your models are arranged! :wub:

Awesome man, really awesome. I need a house with a basement!!

Don can you give me a couple of closeups of the painting stand with that AC on it? How is it secured?

Edited by jimz66

Okay, here's mine. I have it in a spare bedroom. I'm still not quite happy with the layout, but I'm not sure how to change it. First picture was taken just before the cleaning lady came it. I have to clean it off every other week, so it never gets too messy. Second picture is more typical.

ModelBench20100303.jpg

ModelBench20100314.jpg

I took photos of the stash, but they came out lousy.

Stacey

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing NCpilot79 and dmthamade's shops I was almost too jealous to post mine.

But,,, Since I've spent so much time during the past few days cleaning it (though it still looks cluttered), here's the Zactoshop:

The workbench where all the fun stuff happens

Shop1.jpg

The casting area

Shop2.jpg

This is an older picture showing my display case and the packaging area (too messy to show a current pic!)

Shop3.jpg

^_^

Edited by Zactoman
Stacey how about putting your small makeshift spray booth on a smaller table and open up some more space for yourself? A cheap corner style table will do...

As it happens, I'm putting the finishing touches on a larger booth. ^_^ But I may try to put together a corner unit. I also have some space on the wall opposite the booth. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nice setup Chris!! Those pressure pots sure look familiar!! :sunrevolves:

He uses them to manufacture flubber!!! He has since developed a new method of turning the flubber into more manageable bricks (located on left side of screen) for easy shipment!!! Endorsed by MLB players Sammy Sosa and Wilton Guerrero. :crying2:

Jason

Edited by vvac201

Great pic's Zactoman. I really like the Enterprise cutaway. I remember seeing those several years ago. Any idea if its possible to still get that poster anywhere? I'd love to have a copy. It was probably 1993 when I remember seeing one the last time. It was in a shop in San Diego, right before I moved to North Carolina.

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly getting there:

3 years ago:

bment009office.jpg

DSCN1641.jpg

Last October...61 boxes of ikea goodness. I now have my Ikea Knights Cross with oak leaves.

hobbyroomboxes.JPG

Last month..getting there

dscn0116-0.jpg

dscn0121-0.jpg

dscn0126-0.jpg

Just got to install the countertop. I am going to use laminate floor tiles for that. Got some steel sheet I will use as a magnetic 'backsplash'. Who knows, i may even build a model some time!