Hasegawa 1/48 Raptor Preview

Looks like we'll have to wait until next spring for the operational markings release of the Hasegawa Raptor in 1/48. In December though, you can get your hands on this bugger:

10098844a.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10098844a/20/1

Sweet...maybe if I buy enough beer I can get the paint shop to do my jet up in this scheme and slap my name on the side. I'd be a hit the next time we deploy to Japan, or if I fly into the next ComicCon.

just wrong...so wrong
the decals should have have been of a playmate instead of some japanese anime crap

Remember guys...Japanese company, marketing to the Japanese Domestic Market. Stuff like this is unbelievably huge there.

Let's talk about the kit a little:

Hasegawa appears to have molded the vents on the back (the louvered ones) open

The exhausts look a little sharper/thinner than Academy's

So far the price is at least comparable.

I wouldn't give too much on this photo. It looks very "photoshoped" to me (i.e. left horizontal stabilizer) and does thus - imo - not represent the final kit :rolleyes:

Looks like we'll have to wait until next spring for the operational markings release of the Hasegawa Raptor in 1/48.

Note that the anime version is the SP series.

Hobby Search lists another sold-out Hasegawa F-22 kit as PT45 but shows no picture. I'd guess that PT45 is a normal scheme.

Remember guys...Japanese company, marketing to the Japanese Domestic Market. Stuff like this is unbelievably huge there.

I know, and I don't understand it! Ahhh, to heck with it. I will do it in that get up. It is certainly more exciting than what the real air force does with it, and you don't have to worry about that silvery finish. At the very least it is a conversation piece right? I would prefer a Denver Broncos scheme though.

I know, and I don't understand it! Ahhh, to heck with it. I will do it in that get up. It is certainly more exciting than what the real air force does with it, and you don't have to worry about that silvery finish. At the very least it is a conversation piece right? I would prefer a Denver Broncos scheme though.

Sweet...maybe if I buy enough beer I can get the paint shop to do my jet up in this scheme and slap my name on the side. I'd be a hit the next time we deploy to Japan, or if I fly into the next ComicCon.

I heard your name is already on the decal sheet. :rolleyes:

I heard your name is already on the decal sheet.

"Any coverage is good coverage."

I'll take it! Although I'd wonder why Hasegawa decided to go with a Portuguese heritage name on their Haruka Amami Raptor. Then again, if TwoBobs or TwoMikes is involved in producing that sheet, I'll be less surprised. I fully expect to see "Wake-oh-san" in that case.

:rolleyes:

"Any coverage is good coverage."

I'll take it! Although I'd wonder why Hasegawa decided to go with a Portuguese heritage name on their Haruka Amami Raptor. Then again, if TwoBobs or TwoMikes is involved in producing that sheet, I'll be less surprised. I fully expect to see "Wake-oh-san" in that case.

:rolleyes:

Wander what a Jedi scheme would look like on it.

Okay, don't laugh, but...

I actually ordered the 1/72 Idolmaster F-2A. ;) :o Even though I have no idea at all what this "Idolmaster" thingie is.

10095938a.jpg

SOURCE

Will certainly look different between all the other military aircraft.

EDIT: :worship: Ken, that's just epic! :rofl: Even with the appropriate patch! Even if you can't get them to paint a complete jet like that for a deployment to Japan, the patches are a must!

Edited by ChernayaAkula
;)

LOL....thanks Ken. Too funny.

thanks Waco, not as good as some other fella can do :o

EDIT: :worship: Ken, that's just epic! :rofl: Even with the appropriate patch! Even if you can't get them to paint a complete jet like that for a deployment to Japan, the patches are a must!

thanks Moritz - good eyes on the patch, and don't forget the mission marks

So would one be able to buy the pink version and use extra markings from the Academy or Two Bob sheets? Or will this one be missing critical pieces

Jwest - I think so. And I don't think it'll be a huge surprise if they sell a good quantity of these to folks who will use aftermarket sheets. Also, since the Academy sheet is so extensive, there's probably plenty of extra markings floating around for folks to use.

I find it hard to believe that there's much they can exclude that is "vital" to the airframe. Weapons? Hasegawa standard. What else could they leave off and have it still look like a Raptor? The fairly clean nature of the aircraft makes it pretty simple in this case to set up for using A/M decals.