Hasegawa 1/48 Raptor Preview

Yeah, they are downloadable jets for Ace Combat 6. I am pretty sure there is another F-22 painted up all anime in a similar style.

No there is just one 22 scheme like this in AC6. If I recall the complete list of scheme like this was:

F-22

F-15E

F-2

F-16C

F-14D

F-117

SU-33

SU-47

Rafale M

Mirage 2000-5

A-10

Typhoon

F/A-18F

My hope is that they do them all in 1/48, especialy the ones that they already have exsisting molds for.

My hope is that Hasegawa does an A-10 in 1/48, too.

Technically they have, although it was a Monogram import in Hasegawa packaging. While it would be nice for Hase to do a Hawg, I think all that would really happen in the end is it would raise the price of a 1/48 A-10 (and Hobby Boss already has the record for price there) and chances are it would have NO external weapons in it. Still, they can always surprise us and have done so in the past.

As for kit crispness, Hasegawa has been known to do a kit that is to "shake and bake" quality. It tends to be their 1/32 and 1/48 recent prop jobbies, but they have done it as their Ki-61 Tony was practically that way and I had no problems with their 1/48 P-39Q Airacobra. As for jets, I haven't built either the Skyhawks or the Draken, but I don't recall hearing any show stopper complaints about them either.

Grumble grumble. HLJ has placed an order stop on these and I was too late to get one in the shopping cart. Guess I have to wait and see if they will get enough in stock before I can order one. Dang, Wako-Oh-San's jet will have to wait I guess. :jaw-dropping:

I'm assuming that's from the Tokyo show - do you have a link directly to their photos from the show? They typically have some interesting reveals - hopefully there's something new to get excited about.

say hello to Mr Raptor:

1255007729.jpg

1255007709.jpg

1255007677.jpg

Source: happy.ap.teacup.

As planned, no weapon yet.

And strange cut for the tails rudders and co.

-Looks very similar in parts layout to the Academy model. (one-piece fuselage/wing halves, etc.)

Going sprue-by-sprue, starting with the top right: (the CAD drawing one)

-2 different pilot helmets (I think)

-Optional parts for open/closed weapon bay doors. They molded the main weapon bay door as 2 closed doors. So, we can have one open side and one closed side. (can the F-22 do that?)

-They appear to be molding the rib structure as separate parts on the weapon bay doors (sweeeeet! This will work awesome with the PE!!)

Next (going clockwise)

-They molded the Sidewinder bays in (at least) 2 pieces, with a separate aft wall.

Next 2 ( CAD sprues)

-Looks like we're getting full-depth intakes, and the bulkhead for the MLG bays has a cutout for them.

-1 piece main weapon bay? Not sure how well this'll work.

-Odd split on the vertical stablizers.

Next: (a real sprue, and I'm assuming we'll get 2 of these)

They've molded the afterburner tubes differently from Academy (hopefully, this will avoid some issues with making the Academy kit's exhausts open.)

-Positionable exhausts (we get 8 petals)

-More weapon bay door rib detail (awesome.)

-4 main wheels, and 2 nosewheels? (If we get 2 of these sprues)

- I think I see AMRAAM bodies on those sprues (3 of them, with 8 separate fins) but i'm not sure I see AIM-9's.

This kit appears to have no A-G weapons, and no external pylons, or tanks. This could be just for the anime version. The USAF version may include these.

Last (the other CAD sprue, the main fuselage pieces.)

-Can't tell from the prototype or the CAD drawing much, but I think Hasegawa molded the IFR door closed. Whew. That piece was a pain in the butt on the Academy kit.

These may be the densest sprues I've ever seen, in terms of parts-per-square-inch. I hope there aren't ejector pin marks everywhere.

Edited by RedHeadKevin

lol... hasegawa .. skunk.. they somehow rhyme

nice shots though! I'm ok with the academy kit - it wasnt all too bad. I could forgive the intakes (still waiting for someone to make a proper no seams one plz plz plz seamless suckers.. dmitri.. anyone?? *hopeful bump from an older thread*****) but I think it'll be a close race between the two. Probably as expected hasegawa will have higher quality parts and fix some of the more glaring issues, but if they exclude weapons from this one,well... not that great of a decision. the PE doors + styrene attachments are smart - same thing Eduard did, but you'll have to pay i think 30 bux for the weapons bay set for the Academy kit.

I've placed an order for Aires exhausts - they should be arriving soon.. will keep you guys posted for those that are hanging on to your academy kits (and also for the peeps waiting on the hase kit). Thanks for the post - first time I saw the hase kit sprues.

David

I agree with fellow modeller konbini. I have built two Revell kits (I know...no comments) and now I am building the Aca kit. I can't understand all this madness about the Hase kit. The Aca one "looks" fantastic and checking my references for size-shape issues I am 99% happy. Do we all overate the Hase kit? Do we all forget the fit issues with the F-14s, minor problems with many other Hase kits...what about the F-18E/Fs. I have built both the Revell and the Hase kit, ok the Hase is a lit bit better but with some good "work" it takes more than a few moments to see the diference and decide that the Hase is better...Come on, give Academy a chance...and any way , I see that no one worries about the main problem with the Raptor...How on earth do we paint that strange camo...

I noticed the split on the vertical stabilizers and wish more companies would do parts that way. One of my least favorite assembly tasks is gluing thin leading or trailing edges, and with this molding, the edges are untouched by glue. Nice. Having said that, I'm not sure there's room in my life for another 1:48 Raptor. My Revell 1:72 inflight display and my Academy resting on its wheels should be enough.