Best kits of 2011?

My vote goes to the Azur 1/72 Vickers Vildebeest Mk. III

This review has some nice close up shots of the sprues and various details: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69795

I am so glad somebody finally did a 1/72 kit of this aircraft. A bit pricey (I paid $44USD for mine) but worth it in my opinion.

Even though the instructions were a little rough, this ended up being an awesome kit! The box was a little different, made of plastic instead of the usual cardboard, and included a carrying handle. Felt a little cheated, all of the parts had already been cut off the sprues, as indicated in the photo!!!

51%2BKul7jkKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm still waiting for the resin aftermaket and photetch sets

Revell's He111 does it for me in the 'sheer joy of its vast beauty' stakes.

The HobbyBoss Me262's in 1/48 (I see the six-gun version comes with X-4 air to air missiles) are quietly taking top of the pile, and at 60% of Tamiya prices :)

Am rather impressed by the Z-M Skyraider, too, very pretty...

Moeibus International Lonestar kit in 1/25 scale has revolutionalized how to make large Semi Trucks. I don't build vehicles as a rule but my dad does and has for 45 years. He saisd it is easily the best model of a truck he has ever seen (he has over 300 semi kits), so I believe him.

That being said I too vote for the Eduard 1/48 Mig series. They put Eduard firmly on the map as one of the worlds best kit producers.

Moeibus International Lonestar kit in 1/25 scale has revolutionalized how to make large Semi Trucks. I don't build vehicles as a rule but my dad does and has for 45 years. He saisd it is easily the best model of a truck he has ever seen (he has over 300 semi kits), so I believe him.

I have that kit too. I haven't built it yet, but it does look very, very good.

Eduard's 1/48 MiG-21 (MF & SMT)

Its funny every time I read Tamiya P-51D I keep thinking of the 1/48 model and keep saying....model of the year, that things been out forever.

Sadly, I dont think I have bought any 2011 kits.........this thread is going to make me check out the Eduard MIG though.