Iran's new Qaher-313 fighter-bomber

TT, the truly terrifying thing is that NPR! of all bl**dy groups was citing those hard cases at APA in their big the f-35 is not as cheap as we had hoped story a week or so ago.

That is sad. The problem with APA is they are all too willing to supply the bad news people want to hear, whether its true or not is immaterial. So if you are looking for a story like "eleventy billion dollar warplane that sucks, costs too much and sucks" They are more than willing to supply "facts" for reporters to use.

OMG... just noticed... there's a /woman/ in one of those pictures!

well its not Saudi Arabia over there ;)/>

I wouldn't even call it a mock up, more a prop for domestic consumption :coolio:

* will probably join these ones eventually:

35au686.jpg

291cj6d.jpg

15pfos1.png

Edited by Raymond

NOTE: there is no super cruising variant of the Flanker, it was never developed. But before that he said:

Well, Su-35S IS able to "super cruise". That has been known for a long time. Whether it is with weapons or without or if it is 1.01 mach or something more "proper" like 1.2-1.3 mach is not known.

I do agree APA is a joke and should be ignored.

:D/>, Off topic; What is NPR?

On topic this is obviously a mockup. There is no way that any pilot would be able to do his/her job effectively in that cockpit and there's far too few wires to the back of the instrument panel and far too few instruments. So it's a no brainer, and just how stealthy would all those airframe characteristics be?

:cheers:/>,

Ross.

No only is it a mockup, it's nothing but pure propaganda for the home crowd and others in the region. The fact that that it's clearly ridiculous for a number of reasons is irrelevant to it's purpose, to suggest that Iran is capable of building weapons equal or superior to the Western "imperialists". While we can make fun of how impractical it is and dismiss it, undoubtedly the average local will be impressed. It's doubtful that Iran is even trying to build it, and I'm sure they know that it's not a realistic design. They are all just playing a game.

I obviously know that this aircraft is ridiculous but playing devil's advocate so did this http://www.dreamlandresort.com/area51/f117.htm Although we know the result of the Have Blue project, how many people foreign and domestic saw this image of an airplane and they too said "yeah right".

Edited by gonzalo

The seat is so small because it's for the monkey :)

Anyway, yeah, doesn't seem anything more than a scale mockup... even if they'll ever develop it into a real plane, the "rollout ceremony" with a pilot eating his knees is nonsense....

It looks like a scaled down test bed just as with many a/c type all around the world (see the F-117 test bed, the one for the Draken . . .)

The wings are a bit thick!??? Still it could be a real one.

I have no idea why would they have dozens of English language stencils all over the aircraft!? Or is it to be exported to the West??? :D :D :D

Best regards

Gabor

I obviously know that this aircraft is ridiculous but playing devil's advocate so did this http://www.dreamlandresort.com/area51/f117.htm Although we know the result of the Have Blue project, how many people foreign and domestic saw this image of an airplane and they too said "yeah right".

We werent trying to sell the Have Blue as an aircraft that had "flown 1,000s of hours" It was a logical and classified stepping stone to what became a very successful design.

If Iran said "here is a mock up, we are testing it" I might cut them some slack. the F-313 has flown 0.00 hours. It is a mock up. And someone had the "brilliant idea" of "hey lets a man in there!!". A lot of scale aircraft modelers have problems with pilot figures though.

LOL Instrument panel has a tape deck in it. No doubt so the pilot can play "hungry horace" when he is sitting in the hangar getting up the courage to try and take off in the thing.

No only is it a mockup, it's nothing but pure propaganda for the home crowd and others in the region. The fact that that it's clearly ridiculous for a number of reasons is irrelevant to it's purpose, to suggest that Iran is capable of building weapons equal or superior to the Western "imperialists". While we can make fun of how impractical it is and dismiss it, undoubtedly the average local will be impressed. It's doubtful that Iran is even trying to build it, and I'm sure they know that it's not a realistic design. They are all just playing a game.

This wins the prize for the most accurate post.

:D/>, Eleventy Billion TT? Now steady on there old chap. Don't you think you're getting more than just a little into the kind of APA area that you always denounce? :o/> :lol:/> :P/>

:cheers:/>,

Ross.

I arrived at that number via advanced computer simulation. :whistle:

Well, Su-35S IS able to "super cruise". That has been known for a long time. Whether it is with weapons or without or if it is 1.01 mach or something more "proper" like 1.2-1.3 mach is not known.

I do agree APA is a joke and should be ignored.

Ahh thank you.

The nice thing about APA is you can use it as a kind of litmus test. When someone starts citing it you know they either don't know better, or they are one of the "converted" I love using APA's pictures and slides for alternative history and what if projects.

177515.jpg

overall APA is very pretty, its just not reality. I would say its an excellent work of fiction but its not even really consistent fiction.

We werent trying to sell the Have Blue as an aircraft that had "flown 1,000s of hours" It was a logical and classified stepping stone to what became a very successful design.

If Iran said "here is a mock up, we are testing it" I might cut them some slack. the F-313 has flown 0.00 hours. It is a mock up. And someone had the "brilliant idea" of "hey lets a man in there!!". A lot of scale aircraft modelers have problems with pilot figures though.

I agree with you. I was just implying that when Have Blue was first seen I am sure it was met with skeptics. Even when looking at the F-117 it is hard to believe it can fly and do it well. That being said it is obvious the propaganda related to this particular aircraft. This is no different than the Super Arrow thread that was just posted; same nonsense.

Finally someone mentions the Arrow II!

Breaking news, Ottawa, 31 February 2013:

Today the Department of National Defence has announced the finalists for the competition to replace the CF-18. They are the CF-105 Arrow II, The Iranian F-313, and the Defender.

The evaluation will take place by comparing the web sites of the contenders, and judging which one might be best suited for Canada's needs.

Unfortunately, a fly-off is not possible, because none of the contenders has flown (or ever will fly, for that matter).

ALF

ALF, thats not true... the defender did bounce a few times during the several attempts at a takeoff. so technically it was airborne. ;)/>

Really? Sure you haven't been into the catnip (like your avatar)? :woot.gif:

OK, so if that's true, then the fly-off will be very conclusive. Soon Carmen, Manitoba's aircraft plant will be churning out 1,000 examples of the Defender. Cue the National Anthem!

ALF

Did anyone else notice in the high-res photo of the cockpit that the airspeed indicator has a Vne of about 260 and the stick is straight out of an F-4?

It has been noted on other forums. Nice catch all the same, since it had not been mentioned here

Well well, it looks like some people are having trouble playing nice here. Let's make this simple: Any more "gibberish' comments will lead to the thread being eliminated.

Have a nice day :)

Alvis 3.1

ARC Moderation team