why no new 1/48 SR-71 or A-12 or YF-12

I've said before that at the rate these left of center aircraft are being produced in plastic form, that we will likely see every aircraft ever imagined or produced. Now me i'm just here patiently waiting for an rb/wb-57f.

What's a "left of center" aircraft? Never heard that type of aircraft.---John

I guess what puzzles me is the blackbird isnt "left of center" everyone knows the blackbird, everyone! maybe if the Germans had one with a swastika on it we'd have more kits

heck I would fork out some of my hard earned $ for one of those. Though I'm still waiting for a good 1/48 F-111 myself. I'm guessing Ill be about retirement age before that happens :bandhead2: .

heck I would fork out some of my hard earned $ for one of those. Though I'm still waiting for a good 1/48 F-111 myself. I'm guessing Ill be about retirement age before that happens :bandhead2:/> .

me too, I wish I could build F-111F operation Eldorado Canyon

Trying to avoid kitbashing Monogram and italeri 1/72 SR-71s. Really need a whole new and accurate Blackbird family in 1/72 as this scale would nicely fit my tiny space. However I could buy any new 1/48 one if it is as fantastic as GWH MiG-29.

Because if we had a decent kit some might be tempted to actually use the decals they paid $100+on ebay for... :D/>

So true. I could retire right now if I sold all the 1/48 (and 1/72) Blackbird decals in my stash.....

Well, not to speak 'bout a whole new kit, but it's always striken me as very odd that Cuttin' Edge (or any other manufacturer) had ever bothered to release an ASARS or OBS nose correction set for the awful representation on the 1/48 Testors/Italeri SR-71... :blink:

What's a "left of center" aircraft? Never heard that type of aircraft.

James meant an awful flaw found on those who cared to carefully observe the lower front fuselage on the Testors/Italeri 1/48 Sled; check how misaligned the nose landin' gear bay is in relation to the longitudinal axis of that part of the fuselage... :rolleyes:

ItaleriSled3.jpg

Cheers 'em now

Unc²

:lol: That's a lie, Milk man Dan... :P

Y'know, I asked Mr Clarence Kelly Johnson himself when he was down here in 1989, prior to Lockheed Martin took over the former Military Aircraft Facility in Córdoba. He 'n' my dad used to be very close blokes.

It was after a grill my folks organised for him 'n' his entourage when he promised to make available for me some reliable plans of the Sled in 1/48th scale so that I were able to modify the main flaws in the infamous Testors/Italeri kit.

Mr Johnson died soon after, 'n' his widow said she would occupy, but I guess she actually ne'er did.

PERFECT application for laser scanning--capture the true shape of the Blackbird for all time.

Isn't there an A-12 (my fave) just sitting in a park in LA somewhere?

Edit: why yes, yes there is, "Blackbird Airpark." An A-12, SR-71, and D-21! Lots of other interesting stuff too.

Blackbird-Airpark_zps2tinsaak.jpg

Edited by punder

And look at this, at the bottom of the new-projects page:

"TANMODEL uses 3D Laser Scanning Technology for model kit designs."

I'm pretty sure this does not include the SR-71 as there is no blackbird in any museum in Turkey ;)

And planes, and plane tickets, and passports don't exist. ;)/>

I'm pretty positive the laser scan announcement is solely for the planes present in Istanbul Aviation Museum.

If you'll be their sponsor for the flight+visa+shipping of equipment+permission from the museum+a probable fee to be paid to the museum, be my guest.