In a month or so when I had some $$$ I was gonna buy a bunch of the new F-14 external tanks. It's not that I can't but those tank seams are one of the more time consuming things for me. Hopefully someone will get them back on the market.

Here's a link to the news...

BAM is now closed...

"Due to changing life circumstances BAM Models is now closed. All orders placed will ship before December 22nd 2023
Thanks for your support over the years, it's been a blast providing you with out of the ordinary conversion sets!
Happy modelling,
Arnaud"

I just received the order I placed on Dec 2nd.  He had several new releases that just came out, such as the F-14 tanks.  His original post about shutting down was about a week ago on Facebook.  His post a few days later stated he was swamped with new orders and had to turn off ordering. 

Hopefully he licenses or sells his intellectual property to another producer to keep his sets in circulation.  I asked him what his plan was since I'm looking to buy into a product line like his to start a side hustle in preparation for retirement in a few years.

I just saw his post yesterday that he opened for some more orders. Grabbed the chance and placed an order, and right after the ordering function was dissabled again. Closest I've ever come to getting the "last order" in 😁

Once again, another example of why I say if you see it, buy it.  Even if you don’t plan on building that subject for years down the road.  We’ve lost so many cottage industry hobby providers.  DMold, Rhino models, Fisher, Cutting Edge….Thankfully BiggTim picked up AMS to keep it going.  And it looks like Mike West of Lone Star Models is planning on his retirement sooner than later. 
Edit:  I forgot to mention Zacto Models has gone radio silent as well. 

Edited by Scott Smith
19 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

Once again, another example of why I say if you see it, buy it.  Even if you don’t plan on building that subject for years down the road.  We’ve lost so many cottage industry hobby providers.  DMold, Rhino models, Fisher, Cutting Edge….Thankfully BiggTim picked up AMS to keep it going.  And it looks like Mike West of Lone Star Models is planning on his retirement sooner than later. 

It's truly a shame what has been lost due to the little guys shutting down. 

Add to that list True Details/Avionix/Blackbox.  I attempted to purchase an extensive collection of the True Details masters that were originally auctioned off after Squadron went under.  Greg Cooper (racerhaven on ebay) bought up much of the Squadron inventory, including all of the masters.  Instead of auctioning the masters on ebay, he ran a raffle for charity and basically gave them away.  That was over a year ago and the winner never did anything with them.

44 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

16 minutes ago, sigtau said:

It's truly a shame what has been lost due to the little guys shutting down. 

Add to that list True Details/Avionix/Blackbox.  I attempted to purchase an extensive collection of the True Details masters that were originally auctioned off after Squadron went under.  Greg Cooper (racerhaven on ebay) bought up much of the Squadron inventory, including all of the masters.  Instead of auctioning the masters on ebay, he ran a raffle for charity and basically gave them away.  That was over a year ago and the winner never did anything with them.

So true.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Dave you're awesome for reaching out to Arnaud and offering a way for the BAM line to keep going as he switches to a new job!!!! I hope you an Arnaud can work out the details, If so I will buy a LOT of those F-14 external fuel tanks!

On 1/8/2024 at 7:11 PM, Darren Roberts said:

I'm going to be selling off my Steel Beach masters if anyone is interested. I'll probably start doing it over summer when I have off from teaching.

D-Rob, will you be selling them as a full inventory or individually?