What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

- bottle of paint for a target I'm working on

- Evergreen H-Column to use as a track assembly jig

- 1/48 RoG Eurofighter Typhoon (for $18, I couldn't leave it on the shelf all by its lonesome)

From Great Models, Eduard Bf.109G-6 Detail and Jaguar Bf.109F/G Control Surface & Wheels. I've never used Jaguare before and I have no idea how good it is. Unfortunately, the ordered Aires Bf.109G Cockpit Set Cutting Edge Modelworks Bf.109 DB-605 Exhausts are "Special Ordered." My experience is that they will never come. :cheers:

Sweet 1/144 Machi C.200, very cute!

Sami magazine with the 1/32 Trump Corsair. That intake sure looks funky as does the canopy. After looking through the article I broke down and ordered the kit (A-7D)...We shall see...

:cheers:

Hobby Lobby:

Self healing cutting mat (9"x12") for $3.69

metal straight edge for $1.69

Will Bill's Hobby Shop

Tamiya paints I was out of stock on

MicroSol (Now I can put on my decals)

Mr Retarder

They didn't have any PollyScale clear flat. But I got Tamiya X-21 flat additive.

Not necessarily the "LHS" but was picking up some yard stuff at WM and figured I'd check the model aisle, low and behold they had the new Revell F-18E, and priced at $10.97 which is a steal IMHO even with the little "issues" the kit has. I remember using 40% coupons at Micheals Craft Stores and still paying $14-15.00 for this same kit, so if you need a good quality inexpensive kit or can use it for parts etc, check out your local Wally World.

There was a 25% off sale at my lhs. I managed to get my paws on:

Academy 1/48 Mig-29A

Trumpeter 1/48 Su-15UM

Hasegawa 1/48 F-104G

Airfix 1/48 BaE Hawk 100 (RCAF)

Leading Edge CF-104 markings

Not a bad haul. I was actually pretty tempted to buy another Su-27 or B-1B, but I don't think I could justify that.

:D

After a trip to the RAF museum at Hendon, a visit to Hannants (literally a stones throw!!) had to be made, where, with the wifes encouragement!!, :D i picked up a Monogram 1/48 He 111 with a set of Eduard masks and a set of True Detail weighted wheels plus two packs of ink jet decal paper :D

Trumpeter 1/32 A-7D Corsair II

Impressive kit with very nice surface detail.

Initial test fit leads me to believe that I can fix the intake by replacing the lip and intake ducting and just squeezing/distorting the fuselage halves to fit the rounder profile.

The canopy on the other hand needs to be replaced to be correct...

:worship:

Some really old detail and scale books from 1981/82. Two on Phantoms and one on the Tomcat.

Actually Ed (Air support hobbies) got a real nice collection of some really old kits and a huge amount of books. Anyone in the area would be wise to check them out before it goes on Ebay.

Got the new Hobby Boss T-34 in 1/48 scale. A really nice kit. A lot cheaper than Tamyia 1/48 armour and comes with a full interior and link trancks, Nice! Also got one of the Hobby Boss 1/72 Spitfires, mainly to try out some xtracrylix paint on.

Julien