What did you see today?

last week:

formation of 5 L-159s ALCAs

formation of 4 L-159s led by 2 Gripens

formation of two ALCAs

a number of Mi-24s and Mi-17/171Sh helos

One Mi-24 even made a low pass over our museum and when the pilot noticed we were waving to him and I was photographing, he banked his copters several times and made one more low pass over the museum and waved his hand at us

I can attach some pics if interested

Saw five MH-47s in formation flying over Clarksville, TN today. I suspect they're from the 160th SOAR (out of Ft Campbell, KY).

cool picture of the A-10, something different as usual :boohoo:

By the way, that Hog in the back, it that a future gate guard or? because the Euro 1 colors...

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Dakota, Hurricane and Spitfire, 4 F-15Es, KC-135 and my son performing his award winning dual rifle team demo at the 400 anniversary of Jamestown in Bury St. Edmunds, UK. Jason is in the Lakenheath ROTC.

A P-3 flew right over my house at no more than 1,000 feet this afternoon on its way into Vandenberg. First P-3 I've see flying around here in years. I know they visit here often, but the pattern doesn't come anywhere near my house, so usually I don't see them (or pretty much anything else that flies into VAFB). That's why I was so surprised to see this one today, especially so low. It was cool :thumbsup:

By the way, that Hog in the back, it that a future gate guard or? because the Euro 1 colors...

Maintenance trainer.

Jake

A P-3 flew right over my house at no more than 1,000 feet this afternoon on its way into Vandenberg. First P-3 I've see flying around here in years. I know they visit here often, but the pattern doesn't come anywhere near my house, so usually I don't see them (or pretty much anything else that flies into VAFB). That's why I was so surprised to see this one today, especially so low. It was cool :D

Dude it was a NP-3D from VX-30. Also there was the black tailed VMGR-352 KC-130J doing some pattern work, it's finally dirty now; no more of that factory fresh look. :)

Daniel

Been watching C-130's,C-17's,UH-60's and C-21's fly in and out of our base for a Homeland Security excercise(Vigilant Guard/Ardent Century) that runs until the middle of next week,it covers about six states from what the news said.

http://www.mywabashvalley.com/content/fulltext/?cid=3809

http://www.wthitv.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyi...uestTimeout=500

Edited by ThePhantomTwo
Been watching C-130's,C-17's,UH-60's and C-21's fly in and out of our base for a Homeland Security excercise(Vigilant Guard/Ardent Century) that runs until the middle of next week,it covers about six states from what the news said.

http://www.mywabashvalley.com/content/fulltext/?cid=3809

http://www.wthitv.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyi...uestTimeout=500

I'm shooting for Friday, Dave, if that works for you. The exercise is going on through then, right? I should have some books by then to bring to you, Doogie, JR, and the gang. :cheers::whistle:

Jake

Yesterday, I was relaxing on the back deck when a C-130J came over the house on final for the local FBO. He was in a bank with the port side wing low and I could clearly see the pilots face. If I had my camera with me even with the 24 to 85mm lens, I could not have fit the sucker in the frame. Boy I hate it when the do that with out calling me first. I think it was out of Glenn Martin Field, Baltimore, MD.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
I'm shooting for Friday, Dave, if that works for you. The exercise is going on through then, right? I should have some books by then to bring to you, Doogie, JR, and the gang.

I imagine the excercise might be over by then,not sure.

Next friday?Shouldn't be a problem,just let me know what time.I'm still on nights next week so it shouldn't be a problem,if it's the week after then I'll have to convince the boss to let me have a half day off(since it's golf season it'll be hard to do :boohoo: ).I'm hoping the plane has all the markings applied by then <_<

Can't wait to see the book!

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

I caught this Herc on the way home from work yesterday at Little Rock National Airport, a nice way to end the work week.

"Prop 65" is with the 189 AW of the Arkansas Air National Guard based at Little Rock AFB. This one goes out to my 189th buddy and loadmaster Bobby D.

p979097839-4.jpg

p743986001-4.jpg

p988412346-4.jpg

p942017326-4.jpg

McGuire AFB open house: Some neat stuff, including Waco's F-22 (no Waco though, "his" jet was on loan to another pilot.) Her's some of the other stuff there, if I can remember it all:

Static display:

T-28 Trojan

T-37 Tweet

T-45 Hawk

3 or so C-23? Learjets

UH-60 Blackhawk NJ NG

C-17 Globemaster III

C-5 Galaxy

KC-135

B-52H "Black Widow" 23rd BS

2x A-10s CT ANG

F-16C NJ ANG

F-15E Strike Eagle

F-22 Raptor

F/A-18C from VFA-I forget--the "War Party"

C-45 Provider (Beech 18)

P-40 Warhawk (I think an E-model)

TBM-3E Avenger

P-51D "Glamorous Gal"

B-25 "Miss Hap"

B-17F "Memphis Belle"

OE-1 Bird Dog

L-6 grasshopper

Beech Staggerwing

The USMC had one of the new 7-ton trucks with an M198 155mm howitzer behind it, that was cool too.

I didn't stick around for all of the flying displays, but they included:

Geico Skytypers T-6s

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet (first one broke taxiing out, had to switch to the backup)

QF-4E Phantom in a glossy SEA scheme

A-10s

P-51D

Marchetti SF-166 "Dr. Smoke"

KC-135

KC-10

C-17

F-117 Stealth fighter

USAF Thunderbirds

Overall, not one of the better airshows I've been to lately, but it was cool to finally see an F-22. They had it parked with the AAM rails out, that was cool, but they weren't allowing photos of the rear of it. (But if they were that worried about it, wouldn't they have brought exhaust covers?)

Cheers,

Curtis