Beautiful results Chuk, and a fascinating and educational tutorial. Seeing how you do your weathering techniques has answered a lot of questions I've had. I'd say of all the tutorials I've read, yours has been far and away the best. Thanks for sharing your techniques. I hope my Devastator turns out 1/10th as nice as your Beast.

Cheers

Mike

Simply put, a combination of humor, skill, and step-by-step learning experience that is, as far as I know, one of a kind. THIS is how How-To tutorials should be set up. Bravo, sir. Bravo indeed.

(You should try something with rigging next... I could see you going whole hog with a Zeppelin Staaken EASILY... :) )

Truly OUTSTANDING sir - hope I get to see it in person at some point. Not only a great model, but as others have noted, one of the best build-threads ever - really served to demonstrate not only some great skills, but a level of stick-to-it-ivness that many modelers sometimes lack to get through a long-haul project like that one.

Not many superlatives left that haven't already been used, but again - BZ sir!

Will look forward to the next one!

No!,.....say it ain't so,.....finished? But,...but,....what are we going to do now? I mean,...what will we do on a Monday without the Helldiver update? Surely there must be more,..........

Seriously though Chuk, I'd like to add my thanks and congratulations to the ever growing list. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this thread and its' characters evolve over time.

Without doubt this has to be the most entertaining thread in the history of ARC. I will miss the adventures of Abe and li'l Chuk but I look forward to a new and exciting project whenever you've managed to catch your breath.

I've learnt a great deal by watching your careful commentary and picked up plenty of tips along the way.

Superb job all round. :wasntme:

Well done. :lol:

:o

Chuk,

I have to say that this has been the most entertaining and informative thread I've ever read. Congratulations on completing what is surely the most animated Helldiver ever!

Justin :wasntme:

Chuk,

I followed your post with great interest, delight, and marvel throughout its history.

I learned a great deal through your superlative and very creative efforts.

You did just an excellent job on this bird.

Many thanks.

Sincerely,

Mark

Everything that could be said about this thread has already been said... This is by far the best in-progress thread I've ever had the pleasure to read, and I will be saving it for future reference. There's enough step-by-step information here to fill up a modeling manual.

Thanks for sharing, Chuck!

Edited by Musical_Box

Congratulations Chuck for finishing such a wonderful piece of art :whistle:

And thank you for giving us such an informative and entertaining thread. I, like many others, checked in every Sunday evening hoping for updates!

:thumbsup:

Thanks, gents- my sincere thanks! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it- I've had a blast with the whole project. I'll be doing up a quick base for her with the Eduard plastic decking and a Verlinden deck crewman or two. It won't be Pierre's bicycle and rainbow trout, but... :D :D

Up next: the ProMod Me410, with Aires, Eduard and Cutting Edge goodies. Anybody want to sell half their engine set for this bird? I don't want to have two stripped nacelles- they're just too good-looking! :thumbsup:

Again- thanks to all!

Thanks, gents- my sincere thanks! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it- I've had a blast with the whole project. I'll be doing up a quick base for her with the Eduard plastic decking and a Verlinden deck crewman or two. It won't be Pierre's bicycle and rainbow trout, but... :crying2::thumbsup:

Up next: the ProMod Me410, with Aires, Eduard and Cutting Edge goodies. Anybody want to sell half their engine set for this bird? I don't want to have two stripped nacelles- they're just too good-looking! :thumbsup:

Again- thanks to all!

Chuk,

Try out this web site for a nice deck kit. I have met Rusty in person and can tell you he is a class act.

Flat Tops and More

God Bless,

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again, gents, for all your kind words.

Life's been busy! I've been at my job hammer and tongs, the wife and I have had the flu- even the dog had some surgery! Everything's working out okay- and I've had a chance to do a little follow-up to the Helldiver- enjoy!

Misc_441.jpg

Misc_442.jpg

Misc_443.jpg

Misc_444.jpg

Misc_445.jpg

Misc_446.jpg

Misc_447.jpg

Misc_448.jpg

Misc_449.jpg

Misc_450.jpg