Here's my basically completed Rhino. All thats missing is the ladder and my bombs that'll get strapped on later. I used the Eduard Big Ed set on it which has basically too much stuff to nit pick with yet comes out beautiful with the detail it brings out. I scratchbuilt the heat blankets out of .005" styrene. This is my first attempt at weathering heavily with pastels and i am happy with how they came out. Also i wanna thank Tony Hayes for sending me the decals for it. Thanks for looking. Enjoy :cheers:

IMG_8133.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

I really appreciate everyone replying to my build with such positive feedback, that makes me feel really good. Thanks!!! :whistle:

Very very nice! I do like the weathering. I've never weathered with pastels...if you have any tips, do you mind sharing?

Again, awesome build!

SLICK

Thanks! With pastels i usually get a big cheap paintbrush and rub it in some brown chalk and spread it all over the model, then get some black/dark gray and stipple it in on certain sections to show wear and tear by the crew(i.e. bootmarks), but i use a short and stubby paintbrush for the scuff marks.

Ah Yes, Very nice build Zach :whistle:

I take it I will see this at NATs in VA Beach

:coolio:

AW

Its gonna be there, you can count on it

what a good finish!

Do you use oilwash for emphasizing the panle lines? which colors?

I like the overall effect, the weathering is huge :D

No i dont, the pastels fill in the lines for me, so it actually takes a step away. It's nicer than oils to me and if you have panel line that wont fill then get a lead pencil and draw it in cause you cant see the difference.

Outstanding build young Padawan.  Are you going to the show in Feb.?  I need some good competion.  Randy

If your talking about San Antonio, then heck yes!

outstanding. also whos wing folds did you use?

They came with the kit and are actually really nice. It's kind of a pain to cut out the wings though.