Tamiya to release 1/48 Hummer with F-117

Tamiya is releasing a 1/48th Hummer with their F117A later this year. Kit no. 89773

The kit comes with rubber tires with realistic tread pattern, doors can be posed open or closed, dashboard and interior realistically produced. The upper part of the vehicle has the ring mount for the gunner and comes with a 1/48th M60. The kit includes 2 military figures and has 3 sets of marking for units in the Gulf war.

Interesting choice, people have been asking if a Hummer or any other modern items were in the works.

Thats a great idea, hope they toss the Hummer in with a few other kits. Also would be nice......F-16 with a flight line bread truck.

F-whatever with a SMP chevy pick up truck/ bomb loader/ electrical cart. The list is endless.

Thats a great idea, hope they toss the Hummer in with a few other kits. Also would be nice......F-16 with a flight line bread truck.

F-whatever with a SMP chevy pick up truck/ bomb loader/ electrical cart. The list is endless.

I can't see them stopping at one modern vehicle. That is for sure. And 1/48 armour has really taken off in Japan, the market which dictates what is made and what is not made.

I wish it were seperate or with another aircraft, I already have two Tamiya F-117's.

Woohoo!!! :yahoo:

Now onto the M2A2/A3/A4/M6 Bradley, M1A1/2, LAV-25's, M48's, M60's, M270 MLRS, M113's, M42, M93A1, V100, HEMTT's, M35's, M54's, Patriot Missile system, AAVP7's, etc!, etc!.........uhumm........ :bandhead2: ......

.........not that I build armor vehicles or whatever, just need something to stick on an airfield diorama or a transport load. Uh, Yah. That's it, that's what I need them for..:salute:

A new F-117?? :salute:

Interesting...:worship:

I don't think it is a new F-117. It is probably their old mold of the F-117 with a new Hummer thrown in. Probably will temporarily boost sales of Stealth fighter kits by those modelers who just can't wait to get their hands on the new Hummer.

Tamiya is releasing a 1/48th Hummer with their F117A later this year. Kit no. 89773

The kit comes with rubber tires with realistic tread pattern, doors can be posed open or closed, dashboard and interior realistically produced. The upper part of the vehicle has the ring mount for the gunner and comes with a 1/48th M60. The kit includes 2 military figures and has 3 sets of marking for units in the Gulf war.

Interesting choice, people have been asking if a Hummer or any other modern items were in the works.

Will this be an M1114 HMMWV? M1151? FRAG kit?

or some CAP kids, so we can make airshow dioramas!

Houston_090.jpg

And they've got their canteens and shovels just in case!!!

At least they're not walking up a C-5 ramp saluting the enlisted aircrew. (really happened)

Matt

• 1 month later...

Should we be worried that that gunner on that Hummer is aiming at something that close to the nighthawk? :lol: The enemy must be closing in on skunk works!

I hope they issue the Hummer by itself at some point, as I don't really need another F-117.

jb

I hope they issue the Hummer by itself at some point, as I don't really need another F-117.

jb

Same here. I'm sure they will release the Hummer as a seperate kit at some point. They reecently released the staff car that was packaged with the P-51D as a stand alone model. I bet their inventory of F-117 has been a little stagnent and they are doing this to boost sales of the kit. I'd give it at least six months or more before we see the Hummer released by itself.