The F-104 GB is on !!!!!

The F-104 Group Build is officially in the queue for 1 Jun 2010 to 1 Oct 2010 so you have 6 months to plan your builds.

The GB will be open to F-104 of all scales. Use as much or as little aftermarket as you want. They are plenty of real options, so no what-ifs please. Entries should be limited to any F-104 version that flew in any actual markings including special versions like the NF-104A, demo teams like The Starfighters, and racers like the Red Baron F-104.

Here's to a great GB.

Edit: Kits must unstarted, or less than 25% complete, for entry into the GB, and must be completed by the end date.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Dave Williams
That's handy . . .I've just started my 1/32 scale F-104G, and have ordered a set of the new Astradecals F-104 Luftwaffe / Bundesmarine markings, so if all goes well I may enter my "Baby" when I've finished! :thumbsup:

A group build entry need to have most of its build done during the GB timeframe to qualify. If you just started now, the mods will probably allow it if you put it aside til then. Otherwise, you'll have to build another one starting next June. Great excuse to buy a new kit Id say.

Charlie's right about kits being built during the GB period. Sorry, I forgot to mention that kits should not be more than about 25% complete prior to the date of the start of the GB. The allowance is for those who started on a project, but then abandoned it early on to pick it up back up again and finish. Sorry about that.

I'm in. I have a few 1/48 Zippers along with a 1/32. Perhaps a 421 ride? Or a 441 or 439 bird? I have 1 CAD marking from CanMilAir for the 1/32 Missile. So many choices....

This is the first GB I am actually considering to join

Now let's see;

1x F-104G 1/48 in stock

1x TF-104G 1/48 in stock

Decals for RNoAF 331 and 334 squadrons in stock

Daco F-104 enhancement set ? If lucky ready by then

Yes, I definatelly think I'll join in :whistle:

A group build entry need to have most of its build done during the GB timeframe to qualify. If you just started now, the mods will probably allow it if you put it aside til then. Otherwise, you'll have to build another one starting next June. Great excuse to buy a new kit Id say.

That's OK . . .I have the Hasegawa 1/48 TF-104G to buil, so I'll simply save it till next June! :cheers:

I am definitely in!

1 CF-104 (Tiger Bird from summer of 1976)

1 CF-104D (Silver dual from 417 Sqn Cold Lake)

Both in 1:48.

Also thinking about procuring a 3rd 1/48 CF-104 to do up with some aftermarket stuff that Hagar gave me - I would hate to use the cockpit and tailpipe stuff on the tiger bird, so I may have to do another overall green one.

This should be fun! My second-favourite aircraft after the CF-18.

ALF

No What ifs? Darn. I was thinking about doing a diorama of the F-104 chasing the Starship Enterprise in "Tomorrow is Yesterday" and getting crushed by the tractor beam. :D

Actually, there are a couple Starfighters I want to do. If the timing is right, I might do one for this.

Darn!!

I was working on a 1/32 resin 'pit set for both the Hasa and Rev kits.

All I have completed are the tub, sidewalls, rear housing and MB seats. (both early and late German).

If anyone is going to do the "Euro" versions, let me know. I have a few tubs (without IP/Shrouds, joysticks) and seat available. I will let your ARC guys have the tubs for $10 each when you purchase a MB seat of your choice.

They should be compatible with other resin makers parts. (Or close enough to be used with them)

Cheers,

Harold

Darn!!

I was working on a 1/32 resin 'pit set for both the Hasa and Rev kits.

All I have completed are the tub, sidewalls, rear housing and MB seats. (both early and late German).

If anyone is going to do the "Euro" versions, let me know. I have a few tubs (without IP/Shrouds, joysticks) and seat available. I will let your ARC guys have the tubs for $10 each when you purchase a MB seat of your choice.

They should be compatible with other resin makers parts. (Or close enough to be used with them)

Cheers,

Harold

Harold,

the GB starts June 2010. You have enough time...

Thomas

I'll be in with a 1/72 F-104. Leaning towards the Revell kit done up in either NM or SEA camo. If time allows, perhaps a 1/72 Haseagwa CF-104 in 417 Squadron special red/white/blue markings.

I like this idea, I've been toying with the idea of building a Starfighter,

Harold, too bad you don't have any pits for Monogram 48th Starfighters, I'd take a few :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

Didn't someone already do them for the Mono kit??

Or just for the Hasegawa??