Next Tamiya 1/32 release.........

It's definitely a 1/32 Vickers Vildebeest. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Vince

Hawker Typhoon. My cousin's room mate's brother-in-law's char lady's sister works in the Tamiya cafeteria and says it's true.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but i would really love to have that kit

Edited by Neo

I suppose it's about time I put you all out of your misery....

It's gonna be a C-5M Galaxy. Apparently it'll come with pre printed divorce papers??.

Nige

Nige, It will also come with an application for a home equity loan, because:

1) You'll need the money to buy the kit

2) You'll need a new spray gun (full size)

3) You'll need to add a room to your house to display the thing.

Edited by Wild Bill Horton

Tamiya 1/32 Bell P-39 Airacobra! It would satisfy those wanting a Russian bird....

I'd be fine with a 109, 190 or F4U. Another P-51 version is probably the most likely option. We'll find out around this May when the Shizuoka Hobby show rolls around again!

As long as it's not a jet or something from the modern era.

• 1 month later...

I know what is it :) And i'am really very pleased :) But it is a rumor only... or- i hope it is not only "one old lady says" and it in short time was this rumor confirmed.

Since my personal favorite (a UH-1H Huey) probably doesn't have much of a chance, I'd vote for an F6F Hellcat. Anything but more WW2 German subjects.

Trick is their "due" for a Luftwaffe release, we've had a Zero, Spitfire P-51D,.....German stuff sells...hell, I've buy 3-4 Bf 109E's Tamiya even though I have 4 of the Dragon kits here now (at least a Tamiya kit would have decent instructions :bandhead2: )

Trick is their "due" for a Luftwaffe release, we've had a Zero, Spitfire P-51D,.....German stuff sells...hell, I've buy 3-4 Bf 109E's Tamiya even though I have 4 of the Dragon kits here now (at least a Tamiya kit would have decent instructions :bandhead2: )

thought a little too much about the next Tamiya 1/32 project, and here's my thoughts:

* FW 190A series would seem the most logical. Gets are getting dated, and there's a ready made market.

* BF109 G10-G14 with all the parts to build an "AS", and the other two options with a tall and short tail.

* JU87 Stuka with a lot of options would sell like cold beer in 110 degree heat

* the Hawker Tempest or a Typhoon are also good candidates, but the German stuff will sell better

* The Corsair is another good one to build off of, and if I were thinking American I'd be looking here

* how about a good early P40 with all the Flying Tiger stuff? I think it'd also sell well

* How about a USSR MIG 3 or a Yak? We have all seen what Zevzda did with the Lagg 5 planes, and maybe this would show them what they can do

* also lets not forget the Ki 44 thru 84 series.

Now what I'd really like to see them do

* a new tooled Me163 and a HE162. Molds would be small and cheaper than a lot of multi engined stuff

* an AR234 is not that big of a mold, and I think it'd sell well

* I think a 1/32 super detailed Hudson would be the kit of the year with little effort, but also pretty expensive

but if I were the guy in charge:

* I'd do a super detailed F86F, or an A26

gary

Wow, plated version of Pony !

That's a bad idea. First, the real thing was never that shiny. So if you do build this thing out of the box, it will be unrealistic.

Secondly, how do you glue / sand / fill gaps without ruining the chrome finish? It's not like you can touch this finish up.

Seems like a model geared towards children who want a nice shiny (albeit expensive) toy.