Daco resin 1/48 Walleye I/II/ER TV guided bomb

Walleye II

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/dacasr4802.htm

Walleye I

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/dacasr4803.htm

Walleye II ER

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/dacasr4804.htm

No doubt they will be available from a UK/EU distributor at some point.

I hope they're a forerunner of the British Paveway II LGBs advertised on his stand at Telford a couple of years ago.

Stephen

Pretty expensive for one bomb that doesn't even come with the tv lens.

I've just bought the whole Skunkmodels French weapons set cheaper than that

Edited by scotthldr

A few years ago, Jim Rotramel sent me some drawings for the Walleye II and I started to scratch build a set in 1/48 scale. One of my customers flew A-7s in Vietnam and used the weapons on one of the harder to hit bridge targets. I thought it would be cool to make model of an A-7 in that configuration since I had a personal connection. Got the bomb bodies done and stalled with the fins and turtle back. So two days ago I go to Sprue Bros site and see the Astra products. I was all ready to order until I saw that it was only one bomb included. At that price I have to think about it. They would already be here if there were two per set. I still may do it just for the time savings. I have spent more for less on other modeling projects...

Kirk Taylor

Here's a pair of AGM-62A Walleye IIs on Ebay:

Walleye II

those are from the Hasegawa set of course, if one needs those, just a simple post in the Spare Parts forum will do.

Those resin bombs look nice, but at that price, not a chance.

those are from the Hasegawa set of course, if one needs those, just a simple post in the Spare Parts forum will do.

Despite what it says, those are Walleye Is. What DACO has done is produce the the other, more interesting, members of the Walleye family.

I had a part to play in the research behind these Walleyes. I had nothing to do with the pricing, but thought you might want to see what they look like assembled, which I think is better than a picture of the packaging. A couple of posts up it was mentioned that the models don't include the clear windows. Actually, that's not a big deal. I used a Dremel to cut a depression in the nose, drilled a hole in the bottom of the depression and inserted a short length of hypodermic tubing. I painted the depression black and dollop of 5-min Epoxy made the seeker dome. It's really easy to do and to my mind produces a more than adequate dome.

That said, here is my A-7E with a Walleye II ERDL and an AN/AWW-7 Data Link Pod.(I'd planned to do a Dambusters jet from Vietnam, but I'm a sucker for Eagle Claw jets). The stenciling on these are homemade decals. I haven't seen the actual decals, but I sent my artwork to DACO, so they should be similar (but nicer).

130630-1A-7EwWEIIERDLAWW-7_zps3459fb18.jpg

130630-5A-7EwWEIIERDLAWW-7_zpsf8cdb359.jpg

130630-8WEIIERDLandAWW-7_zps0a083f7d.jpg

Here's the Walleye I ERDL (gray) and the Walleye II:

130810-3Walleye_zps6c5239ac.jpg

130810-2Walleye_zps8d6a410e.jpg

And here's the M36 Funny Bombs, which were carried by F-4s in Vietnam. (Painted, no decals)

130810-6M36FunnyBomb_zpse794a9e2.jpg

Uh, nope. He came across exactly as I described. The context was foggy at best which led to the problem in the first place. That's why I said he should be more clear about what he meant.

Maybe you should just mind your own business and let benner and I hash it out since this doesn't concern you whatsoever. That would make the most sense. You jumping in like that just adds fuel to a fire that was dying out. Don't be that guy.

original_zpsbde22a08.gif

Yeah... it really wasn't unclear. There was zero fogginess in benner's post. You just twisted it into something negative, then jumped down his throat over it.

...and now you're doubling down.

I'm going to be that guy.

Great. At least you're willing to admit it.

I was tempted to call you out for dropping the nazi bomb, it was rude and uncalled for.
Not at all. Forum Nazi is a common internet term. Hardly rude or uncalled for in this case.
And "Chill out bro"??? Seriously? You don't think that was a little uncalled for as well?
I've got some news for you partner but some of us talk like that. Its not offensive. Maybe its a tolerance issue on your end.
Benner was in no way out of line suggesting that the same items could be asked for in the Spare Parts forum and his post was not foggy in the least.
Whoa...easy there chief. I didn't say he was inappropriate. I said he was being a forum Nazi. Why reply to my post and not to the original post that something could be posted in the spare parts forum? Its a bit selective. I don't do this to people and I don't appreciate it being done to me.
Had you said "I'm sorry" when Benner replied, defending himself (when he shouldn't have had to), that would have ended the conversation.
I have nothing to apologize for.
The only possible reason you might have to get upset is if you were the guy trying to pawn the parts on Ebay, and even then using the nazi bomb would have been uncalled for.
Uh really? there are a million reasons why. How about the fact the I was just trying to post a possible alternative? Yeah, you might want to think that through a bit more. Geesh! I try to be helpful and this is what I get.
Your posting the comment on a public forum makes it the business and concern of anybody that reads your comments.
Says the fool. Do you jump into arguments in public? Let us know how that works out for you. Thanks for pouring even more fuel on this fire.

Ok. Here's the original reply. Let's look at this.

those are from the Hasegawa set of course,...

Of course. No argument here.

...if one needs those, just a simple post in the Spare Parts forum will do.
For all of you defending Brenner here...please explain to me how this is nothing less than some "you need to post this in another forum" type of response in the context of my original reply. Clearly this is an insinuation that my reply was inappropriate...which is not the case based on the context of the original post...which was basically an advertisement for some resin parts in the first place. People that do this are forum Nazis, plain and simple.

Maybe you have decided to take Brenner's side on this, and that's your choice to do so of course, but my point is completely valid and correct and you are wrong. He was ambiguous when he said that "just a simple post in the Spare Parts forum will do."

In any event, only Brenner can answer this and the rest of you have no clue what is really being said here. Maybe your speculation is meant to be entertaining. I don't know. Maybe you're just bored and feel the need to post.

Yeah... it really wasn't unclear. There was zero fogginess in benner's post. You just twisted it into something negative, then jumped down his throat over it.

...and now you're doubling down.

Nope. If his post had been clear than we would be having this discussion. Sorry, but you're wrong. Doubling down? That makes no sense.

Any wagers on how long this thread is going to be?

I believe the context of his reply was if you don't want to pay $8 on ebay for the Hasegawa parts, a simple post in the Spare parts forum will do. You've twisted this into something it's not. Speaking of twisted, you might check your panties as they seem to be in a large knot.

Any wagers on how long this thread is going to be?

With this statement I can only presume that you are intentionally being a troll in this matter.

The bottom line is that 4 experienced forum users (5 if I count myself) have had no problem reading what Benner wrote and understanding him. Unless you and Benner are conducting some sort of off the thread discussion, it is all there for all to read. Nobody has come to your defense except yourself in increasingly longer and more inane statements. Quit while you're behind and let the thread go back to the topic.

On that point, while I wouldn't be looking for Walleyes in any scale, the price here seems pretty steep for a single unit whatever the quality but I know that sometimes a modeler just has to have that item and to each his own.

Well, I was going to let the issue go away, but since we keep on going back there, I will say a few more words.

Just for rerference, my original post:

Those resin bombs look nice, but at that price, not a chance.

and the reply:

Chill out bro. Nobody likes forum Nazis. The original post is basically an advertisement for some resin AGM-62s so relax.

Not at all. Forum Nazi is a common internet term. Hardly rude or uncalled for in this case.

I still don't see how it's called for in this case. Please tell what is a "forum nazi" and why is it appropriate? Being that the world "Nazi" is included, I can only assume you are trying to be insulting. Whether it is a common internet term or not, being insulting isn't very polite. If you were insulted, throwing an insult back doesn't make things easier, it will just inflame the situation making it worse.

Whoa...easy there chief. I didn't say he was inappropriate. I said he was being a forum Nazi. Why reply to my post and not to the original post that something could be posted in the spare parts forum? Its a bit selective. I don't do this to people and I don't appreciate it being done to me.

Uh really? there are a million reasons why. How about the fact the I was just trying to post a possible alternative? Yeah, you might want to think that through a bit more. Geesh! I try to be helpful and this is what I get.

For all of you defending Brenner here...please explain to me how this is nothing less than some "you need to post this in another forum" type of response in the context of my original reply. Clearly this is an insinuation that my reply was inappropriate...which is not the case based on the context of the original post...which was basically an advertisement for some resin parts in the first place. People that do this are forum Nazis, plain and simple.

Maybe you have decided to take Brenner's side on this, and that's your choice to do so of course, but my point is completely valid and correct and you are wrong. He was ambiguous when he said that "just a simple post in the Spare Parts forum will do."

In any event, only Brenner can answer this and the rest of you have no clue what is really being said here. Maybe your speculation is meant to be entertaining. I don't know. Maybe you're just bored and feel the need to post.

Actually, a lot of people do what I did. I further expanded upon your post and that is why I intentional selected your post to quote. I've done it before on these forums and no one has been insulted. You posted a link to Walleye bombs on ebay. I admit, I did not check the make or the price listed. But I have purchased that Weapons Set maybe about three times by now and I can easily recognize those bomb parts. That should explain my "those are from the Hasegawa set of course" But given someone is selling a couple of bombs on ebay out of a set that has many more weapons, chances are it is not a fair deal. The weapons set is listed on Spruebrothers for $15.99 BTW but that is off topic. Because I believe that ebay listing to be unfair, I replied with my helpful alternative to yours.

Yes we all recognize you were trying to be helpful by posting an alternative ... and I posted in my opinion, a helpful alternative to yours.

I'm gonna change two words in my line that I don't think is necesary to do so "if [some]one needs those, just a simple [request] in the Spare Parts forum will do" ... which means the exact same thing as the original post. I think it was pretty straight forward and concise. I'd rather not use three lines of text to explain that there are nice helpful people on ARC, that will donate you parts, if you post a request in the Spare Parts forum.

If I was going to say "you need to post this in another forum" ... I would have said something along the lines of "perhaps the ___ forum would be a better place for this". But I knew you were trying to be helpful and didn't think it was not in the appropriate thread / forum. Given I did not say "you need to post this in another forum", it is not clear I was insinuating your reply was inappropriate.

I suggest you chalk this one up to a misunderstanding and move on.

The bottom line is that 4 experienced forum users (5 if I count myself) have had no problem reading what Benner wrote and understanding him. Unless you and Benner are conducting some sort of off the thread discussion, it is all there for all to read. Nobody has come to your defense except yourself in increasingly longer and more inane statements. Quit while you're behind and let the thread go back to the topic.

FYI, there is no off the thread discussion going on.

This thread reminds me why I love ARC so much.

No better entertainment value out there...

I like it because they have an "Ignore User" feature. <_<

Edited by ReccePhreak

Hi all

Just noticed this topic regarding my latest range of resin items, and I would like to say that - despite the label saying they aren't - the TV lens is included with all Walleyes, so you have a complete missile. They also come with (laser printed) decals.

This first batch of 12 different missiles and bombs has been designed by computer and printed out by the latest 3D printers who allow such fine results. They are forerunners to see if there's interest in such high quality armament ...

Regarding the pricing, I'm selling them to shops at the production cost - not only this highest-quality 3D printing is still quite expensive but all previous attempts to get something usable printed was not for free either -, which means I have to sell the whole batch just to break-even. So I won't make money on them either. I just see them as a test case to have an idea what's possible nowadays.

But at my website the Walleyes will cost 10.00 euro (US$ 13.50) and the AN/AWW-7/-12 & AN/AWW-9/-13 will cost 7.50 euro (US$ 10.00)...

My website hasn't been updated yet, as I'm in the middle of a double move - not only moving houses but also changing my website which will have a very handy shopping cart added - so they aren't visible on my website yet.

Danny

DACO Products

Hi Danny,

Thanks for that info, it is bvery interesting, but I would strongly suggest that you post some photos of the parts and a finished missile. Pictures of the packaging, which has only a rendering of the items, does not have much selling power.

Cheers,

Tom

I would strongly suggest that you post some photos of the parts and a finished missile. Pictures of the packaging, which has only a rendering of the items, does not have much selling power.

Totally agree, but as said moving houses and other things around it reflects my time in the office. But we are working on this ...

Danny