Great Wall F-15C vs. Hasegawa F-15C?

I just purchased the Kinetic SU-33 and suddenly became inspired to build my Hasegawa F-15C's that have been in my stash for a couple of years. I have two of the Hasegawa F-15C's but I'm wondering how much better the Great Wall Hobbies Eagles are? I don't mind spending the money for the GWH Eagles if they're really that much better. Any opinions from those who have had the chance to compare the two kits?

I just purchased the Kinetic SU-33 and suddenly became inspired to build my Hasegawa F-15C's that have been in my stash for a couple of years. I have two of the Hasegawa F-15C's but I'm wondering how much better the Great Wall Hobbies Eagles are? I don't mind spending the money for the GWH Eagles if they're really that much better. Any opinions from those who have had the chance to compare the two kits?

I know next to nothing about the F-15 itself. However, from a modelers stand point, I can tell you that the GWH F-15 is leaps and bounds better than the Hasegawa kit. It is well worth the money and will be my 'go to' kit for the few JASDF and CAANG birds that I would eventually like to build.

"Vastly superior"? How exactly?

I was wondering that my self. I spent many years working on F-15s, and I have never liked the Academy or Hasegawa kits. The nacelles just dont do it for me.

I was a Crew Chief on the F-15 A,B,C,D,E,I,J, S models for 20+ years, you want an accurate Eagle go with the GWH kit, you can't go wrong........

I was a Crew Chief on the F-15 A,B,C,D,E,I,J, S models for 20+ years, you want an accurate Eagle go with the GWH kit, you can't go wrong........

Galfa has researched and sorted through 400+ post in various forums with info about the F-15, your knowledge is invalid.:whistle:/>

Edited by Inquisitor

Another vote for GWH. The front fuselage joint in much better engineered than the Hasegawa kit so that alone make for a easier build. The only issue I have with the GWH kit is the fuel tanks. They seem too narrow and pointy compared to the Hasegawa or Revell kits and photo references.

Another vote for GWH. The front fuselage joint in much better engineered than the Hasegawa kit so that alone make for a easier build. The only issue I have with the GWH kit is the fuel tanks. They seem too narrow and pointy compared to the Hasegawa or Revell kits and photo references.

The GWH kits are my go to Eagles now.

My only real negatives are the open avionics bays(personally not a fan of open panels on any kit) and the lack of availability here in the UK

Edited by mungo1974

The GWH kit is superb. Like others have said it will be my go to kit from here on out. A good option for the best price is to wait for Lucky Model to have a sale on shipping and buy a few. It'll take a hot minute on the slow boat from China, but its hard to beat the price.

While on the GWH F-15C....Lucky has listed a F-15c chinese edition,what is different in that box vs the F-15C MSIPII kit other than price? The Chinese version is $42 insteadas of $60...

See here.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=286205

Mark

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

The GWH F-15 is excellent but the open avionics bays spoil it.

My only thing with that is that most of the time on the ground door 3R and 6L would be either open or at least have the latches popped. The aircrew had to verify circuit breakers and and mode settings before every flight. as far as the other 4 doors, They were opened for every basic postflight/preflight inspection.

My only thing with that is that most of the time on the ground door 3R and 6L would be either open or at least have the latches popped. The aircrew had to verify circuit breakers and and mode settings before every flight. as far as the other 4 doors, They were opened for every basic postflight/preflight inspection.

Thanks for the all the replies. Except for one person it seems the Great Wall F-15C must be the superior kit. I always build my kits in flight so I never display my kits with panels open. The only time I build a kit with gear down is if I build two of the same aircraft, which I often do, but even then I prefer having the panels closed. How good is the fit if I build it with the panels closed?