SU-30MK video

thanks for proving my point :)

I never compared these aircrafts, by the way. There were comparisons in posts before my first one in this thread. I merely said, this is not the place to do it.

This is so pointless anyway. :rofl:

I never compared these aircrafts, by the way. There were comparisons in posts before my first one in this thread. I merely said, this is not the place to do it.

This is so pointless anyway. :rofl:

I never said you did - I was quoting Zmey - not you. He and I actually agree on the comparison issue - and I guess you and I agree too

Okay. There was a nice video. Then comparisons between Flanker and Raptor. Then someone brought up the Tweet. Then new comparisons with rather nice argumentation both from the Flanker and Raptor fans. One pilot gets p***ed off with the guys that have never even flown with fighter jets.

Sorry, Waco. If you haven't noticed, I'm not your fellow country man and thus you are not a hero for me. The FinAF pilots are. Logical, ain't it?

This is a conversation and everyone has his right to say something as long as it's not hurting anyone.

Time to move on.

To Matt: Sorry for using your quote - I just wanted to address the general idea that you expressed. Nothing personal. No offense meant. I hope you'll understand.

Got it

petersandwich7gc.jpg

(If you don't understand what the picture means, don't worry about it. I understand)

Matt

and who constantly compares the Su-27/30 to the F-22?

Well... I dont like to point fingers, but it was Post #6. Completely understandable and forgivable mistake for a new member. The older, more expericenced members answering to the bait - that was fun :)

Actually this has ended much more peaceful than I expected. Kudos.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm no one's hero, nor do I desire to be one. And I'm beyond well aware that you are not my countryman.

You're my hero.....but that's only because you have one of those large resin BSG Raptor kits and you're actually going to build it. :)

Of couse I'm on a waiting list for that kit......so I will one day rise to your level. :cheers:

Steve B

Ok guys, chill.

I don't see ANY F-22 in the video. There is no need to discuss another jet here other than the Tweet.

Its an airshow. Its not a war show. BVR, ECM, stealth are not part of it. This discussion rose only because there is an Su-30Mk inside.

Wouldn't everything be nicer if it was a Tweet?

You know what? Forget it...I can't believe I got baited into this again.

:wacko:

Sorry about launching this one...but we seem to be doing better. However, not sure where the F-22 came in, as I was referring to Farmer Jim with his 30-06 who just had his cow's stampede because the damn thing wouldn't move away from his farm. Not to mention the FLIR video of his daughter.

Laugh...I've seen the bullet holes in a TH-57B for just this reason....

I hate to ask, but what is that?

Russian 5th generation fighter. Its still years away from production - but the prototype is due to be shown to the public any time now. PAK FA stands for Prospective Aviation Complex (for) Frontal Aviation. Just recently it has been given pre-production index of "I-21", which hints at the fact that the prototype now exists in metal.

Very good unofficial source

Russian 5th generation fighter. Its still years away from production - but the prototype is due to be shown to the public any time now. PAK FA stands for Prospective Aviation Complex (for) Frontal Aviation. Just recently it has been given pre-production index of "I-21", which hints at the fact that the prototype now exists in metal.

Zmey, clicking on the link brought up a page that obviously was written using the Microsoft Truetype "Symbol" font as I can't read a word of what is being said. :thumbsup: just kidding. :beer4:

Zmey, clicking on the link brought up a page that obviously was written using the Microsoft Truetype "Symbol" font as I can't read a word of what is being said. :thumbsup: just kidding. :beer4:

Just click "English" in the top left corner of the menu :beer4:

Geesh, high maintenance people.

:tease:

Which is better, the Academy 1:48 Su-27 with the resin Su-30 update, or the Italeri 1:48 F-22 with scratch-built weapon bays? Assuming equally skilled builders, which one would win a model contest? Huh? Huh???

:beer4:

They have some very interesting pics on there. Most of those concept pics I've never seen before. Thanks for posting the link! Any theories on which of those concepts are closests to a possible protoype?

Which is better, the Academy 1:48 Su-27 with the resin Su-30 update, or the Italeri 1:48 F-22 with scratch-built weapon bays? Assuming equally skilled builders, which one would win a model contest? Huh? Huh???

:cheers:

I've never built either, but based on what I've heard about the Italeri F-22 kit, I assume the builder of it would most likely throw the kit against the wall before completion.

They have some very interesting pics on there. Most of those concept pics I've never seen before. Thanks for posting the link! Any theories on which of those concepts are closests to a possible protoype?

None whatsoever. Precious few people that admitted seeing it - cant say anything

Outstanding video.

I think the most incredible thing (as others have pointed out) is how the engines are able to continue their work in totally out-of-design conditions: when the aircraft flies backwards for a short time, they might even be reingesting hot gases!

Davide