What would your dream new model release be?

Lets see, in no particular order:

1/48:

1. AF-2 Grumman Guardian (-s,-w, and what the heck the fire bomber)

2. A-1E Skyraider

3. The S2F family (COD, Tracker, Tracer)

4. AM-1 Mauler

1/72:

1. AJ-2 Savage (anything is better than the Mach2 one)

Hmm, there are a few. P-51B/D, ME109-F, P-61 Black Widow, Mosquito FB, all 1/32 by Hasegawa in the same quality and simplicity as their P-47. F-4G Wild Weasel, F-4E slat wing, F-14A/B/D, Mirage F-1, by Tamiya for their quality and simplicity. Trumpeter is ok, just don`t like the high parts count and over complex ( for me) subassemblies.

Don

I would love to build any Dassault creation that makers put on the shelves. Mirages IIIE and V, IAI Dagger all in 1/48! A new Super Etendard!

Also, I hope aviation makers lawyers stop with the high royalties thing that were bugging new releases. :)

The below is part of a wikipedia article on plastic model making. I´m sure that this can explain why we were wishing all the time and we get so little...

" * A long lasting legal conflict exists between aerospace corporations and the manufacturers of plastic models. Manufacturers of aircraft have sought royalties from model makers for using their designs and intellectual property in their kits. Hobbyists argue that model kits provide free advertising for the makers of the real vehicles and that any royalties collected would be insignificant compared to the profits made from aircraft construction contracts. They also argue that forcing manufacturers to pay royalties and licensing fees would financially ruin all but the largest model kit makers. Some proponents of the aerospace industry contest that the issue is not of financial damages, but of intellectual property and brand image. In contrast, most of the world's commercial airlines allow their fleet to be modeled, as a form of publicity. Many cottage industry manufacturers, particularly of sci-fi subjects, avoid the issue by selling their products under generic untrademarked names (e.g. selling a figure that clearly depicts Batman as "Bat Hero Figure").

Recently, the UK's Ministry of defense has required model and decal manufacturers to pay licencing fees in order to use Royal Air Force insignia."

Salutes,

Javier

Edited by javis

OK, jet models i want as kits at the moment.....hmmmmm

1/48 Hawker Hunter F4 (J34)

1/48 J32B Lansen "Sport" (not exaktly the same as the A32A)

A NEW 1/48 JA37 Viggen and not another reshoot of the darn ESCI plastic waster.

1/48 J28 Tunnan (Flying Barrel)

1/72 C-17

1/72 C-141

1/72 B-747SP

All 1/48:

F-86A/F-86E/F-86H/Sabre Mk.6/FJ-3 Sabre/Fury family, all with dropped slats.

and, while we're at it, how about an F-86K, and maybe an "L"

P-51H/F-82G/Piper Enforcer Mustang off-shoots (from manufacturers whose kits can actually be built)

Beech Staggerwing D-17 or E-17 (and, please, not another "only made a couple" G-17)

F-80/F-94/T-33, again, something that actually looks like its intended prototype

OV-10A/OV-10D/OV-10 NOGS

OH-6A Viet Nam era Loach

AH-1G Viet Nam era Cobra

While Monogram's old kits are buildable with considerable effort, up-to-date kits of the F-100, F-101, F-102, F-106 (all in both single and two-seat variants, please) would be welcome.

And for some 1/144 scale silliness, how about an XB-35 and/or YB-49?

Also, I'd like to see RoG or a good AM company come up with the necessary parts to convert the L-1049 Super G Constallation to an L-1649 Starliner.

That, and a new-tool Mirage III in 1/72! :thumbsup:

Come on, Hobby Boss, scale that 1/48 kit down, into an E! And while you're at it, how 'bout a 5/50/Kfir as well? I'll buy a dozen, I promise!

And a new, up-to-date, easy to assemble Mirage F.1, Mirage 2000, Rafale and SAAB Viggen!

EDIT: Oh, and new-tool F-102s and -106s would be nice. And a new RF-101C.

'NOTHER EDIT: For crying out loud, a new 1/72 AH-1G Cobra!

Right ON! I'll add:

F-80/T-33/F-94 family

Early J-8 Finback (nose intake)

A couple Beriev flying boats

C-141, both long and short

Boeing B-9

Fairey Hendon

I wish MPM or the like would work their way through every Spitfire/Seafire variant. Like CMR is doing, but in affordable plastic.

Edit: all of the above in 1/72, of course. Are there other scales?

And outside the scope of this forum: I was really hoping somebody would make kits of the current NASCAR cars -- Revell apparently won't. Anybody doubting that diecasts can kill off a hobby, try to find a mainstream kit of any 2008 American race car from any series.

Edited by gearheadrandy
1/72 B-747SP

Now that's an airliner kit I would buy :cheers: You could buy an AIM 747-200 kit but what if you cut wrong and the wing is different etc... And PanAm colors :trolls: or Iraqi Airways

By the way Janman, I just read in a listing a new Tu-22M2 Backfire-B instead of the C. Hope you're right though as I would love to see a M3 much more then an M2. And talking about Tu-22s... A new Tu-22 Blinder would be awesome too

So thinking of military now...

F-8 Crusader (small nosed versions)

Saab Viggen

The whole Dassault line from Ouragan to Rafale

C-130E/H/J

C-123

RF-101 voodoo and offcourse 102 and 106

And if you allow me to waste my bedsheets, a new tool B-52G/H....

and releases planned for this year which I'm waiting for:

Academy FA-18D (to use my MAW decals on :))

Amodel Yak-25

Amodel Tu-114

CMR DH.9

CMR MDD 900 explorer

CMR Sycamore HR.14

Hasegawa EA-6B from VAQ-141

MPM Sea Vixen

MPM Meteor T.7

Revell F-22

Special Hobby Sea Harrier FA.2

Trumpeter F-105G

Trumpeter Lightnings

Trumpeter MiG-19

Trumpeter Su-27 series

Zvesda Mi-26... Don't know anything about the kit but would love to see it being accurate and easy in construction

There are a few:

In agreement with Fiddler just above, a (1/72) B-52G new tool with conventional bomb pylons and Fairford nose art

1/32 scale (Tamiya) F-111F

1/48 scale F/A-22

1/48 scale MiG-31

Thats all I can really think of,

Joe

1/32 F-101B Voodoo

:thumbsup: I will have to second that motion!!!!!

1. AF-2 Grumman Guardian (-s,-w, and what the heck the fire bomber)

2. A-1E Skyraider

3. The S2F family (COD, Tracker, Tracer)

4. P-3 orion or cp-140

5. neptune

This, all in 1/48 scale for the above list!

Edited by Voodoo man 101

A Tamiya F-111E/F with synthetic rubber tyres, metal MLG struts, and accurate.

Any popular scale - 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32.

An Airfix/Hornby 1/48 Vulcan - I have a hunch we may be getting one of those in late 2009 = early 2010.

And a Victor K.2 on its heels the following year.

A Straight Flush SA-6 radar system in 1/35 from Trumpy.

A Tamiya reissie of the F-4C/D 1/32 Phantom II with post-Vietnam stores, such as Pave Spie etc.

Aerospace Ground Euipment - starter, weapons loader etc - in 1/342 scale from Hasegawa, trumpy, Tamiya - anybody, injected, with pretend rubber wheels that aren't resin or plastic.

Yep, that lot, plus Tamiya deciding they'll do ultra-superb RF-101C, F-105D/G etc kits in 1/48

That's probably enough. (Stop it.)

Kits that we like, that are well enginered, easy to build, accurate, and that don't cost a lot of money. Like a great kit of the F-14 from Hasegawa in 1/48 newly tooled better then the ones out now and oh ya, only $25 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!