ARC Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raymond Chung

Some progress on the Alpha Jet...

The angle of the photos have a lot of influence and can be misleading. Do not forget that.

Dear Mr. Chung

I'm not sure that between the Red Bull and Top Ace Alpahjets which are both second-hand German planes, Dassault Breguet Dornier have completely rebuilt wings with a different structure !

The only difference on Polished Alphajets (as Qinetiq UK, Patrouille de France and Red Bull) is that the rivets were completely cleaned.

They are so much more visible than on "warplanes" they are hidden by numerous layers of paint.

The only mistake on PJ's kit is on the wings in their engraving and their size...

I sent to you the 11 October 2012 this file in vector format:

ailes_5r.png

Now, we see that testshots are identical to the wrong CGI.

ailes_Kinetic.jpgailes_Kinetic_2.jpg

Furthermore, the engraving is mutch more false than the PJ's one, unknown lines were added, the form at the edges of attacks is not correct, and cutting in the form of the wings is not exist.

But some aircraft (French for example) have a small plate added at this place.

I had also offered freely to you a proposal for decals of many AlphaJets (some already published by FFSMC productions), the Mirage 2000-5/-9 and an updated and highly accurate sheet for 3 French E-2C:

Profils%20Alphajets.png

I had contacted you on 11 October 2012 on this forum, as well on your e-mails boxes of luckymodel.com and kineticmodel.com.

Patrice S., who had worked with you previously had done it until July.

Those two attempts kept unanswered.

Certain on my good faith, and my sources,

A hope, you could correct it for the pleasures of everyones.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Edited by 5R M&G

Mr Raymond

Very nice pls give us some Thai or Cameron markings .......estoric...pls ......As and added option for decals......

nice to see a alpha jet coming....my trainers are ....almost there with all popular types represented......

Whiles you are at it, how bout a decent 1/48 Pilatus Pc-7 .....prop that will be a hit with alot of people including me .....

rgds and thanks for some nice additions in the market

rgds

mr b

The Kink in the wing is definitely visible on the right wing in Raymonds test shot, this is a function of the angle the photo was taken on.

Whether this kink is enough is open to debate (but not by me as I don't have the knowledge to form an opinion based on 1 test shot)

Although I might buy one, I must agree it is an ugly trainer to my taste. No comparison with the new Alenia Aermacchi M-346 or the new Russian Yak-130. I would love any of those trainers in 1/48 scale.

Juan

They scrapped it becasue of inaccuracy issues.

I am being sarcastic.

Any news about the release date?

June.

What's up with the CF-188?

I'm sorry but I don't know (I didn't ask Raymond in fact). Perhaps you could drop him a mail or a PM ?

Is this 1/48 Kinetic Alpha Jet project dead ?

It is no longer on Michael Benolkin's list of future releases here :

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/2012_acft_scale.shtml

Thanks for the info !

:tumble:/>

SharkOwl

What I have heard is, that Kinetic has rescheduled the release for July/ August due to some corrections and refinements on the moulds. The Belgian/ French and Canadian versions should be first, while the Luftwaffe Alpha Jet apparently will be released under a different new label.

What I have heard is, that Kinetic has rescheduled the release for July/ August due to some corrections and refinements on the moulds. The Belgian/ French and Canadian versions should be first, while the Luftwaffe Alpha Jet apparently will be released under a different new label.

Here are images of the kit in the paint for the Canadian version.

Photographs were taking in a Top Secret location (I know a few of you will recognize the locale). :)/>/>

photo2_zpscd29a612.jpg

photo_zpsff62cfad.jpg

photo1_zpsd7ad0c30.jpg

Well **** eh? It looks like the kink is there on the wing leading edge after all!

Just goes to show, ONCE AGAIN, that decrying the "pathetic efforts" made by kit manufacturers to make models that even vaguely represent the real thing, without actually seeing the plastic, does no-one any good!!!

Thank you Kinetic!! I will be adding this kit to my collection, GLADLY!!

M

Edited by Matt Walker

Well **** eh? It looks like the kink is there on the wing leading edge after all!

The wing leading edge kink has always been there all the time. The question is is it visible enough. The (very nice !) paint job of the test shot build gives the impression that it is but that's because the camo/black delimitation isn't parallel to the leading edge. I suppose it should be.

Just goes to show, ONCE AGAIN, that decrying the "pathetic efforts" made by kit manufacturers to make models that even vaguely represent the real thing, without actually seeing the plastic, does no-one any good!!!

It just doesn't show anything. As Scooby said the release has been slightly delayed. One of the reasons is that Kinetic has listened and taken in account some comments that have been made (unlike some other manufacturers...) and is doing some adjustments. It's a win-win situation:

- the guys who know the characteristic shapes of the aircraft contribute to help making a more accurate model; the accuracy guys spend less time fixing things and/or less money on correction sets

- the manufacturer increases the sales figures by making the accuracy guys happier; he makes the tooling less "disposable" (some people won't be waiting for someone else's tooling)

Accuracy of a model can be evaluated to a certain extent by examining CAD model photos. Fit of the parts can only be evaluated by "seeing the plastic".

Edited by Laurent

I've always thought that the success of a product is due to a thorough preliminary study. Manufacturers must go a step ahead and not behind the consumer. The klink is now visible because it has been added later.

A tip for Kinetic, it is better late and good than early and wrong.

I still wonder if I´ll have to purchase the v.02 Prowler...

I.Martin

I agree with Laurent and believe that the slight kink has always been there. The paint scheme just accentuates it and makes it more visible - just take a careful look. Not that I think it is a big deal anyway..

The boxart is really nice. The estimated release date is june (earlier mentioned in this thread) and i am wondering which company reboxes the german version since there is nothing anounced.

The boxart is really nice. The estimated release date is june (earlier mentioned in this thread) and i am wondering which company reboxes the german version since there is nothing anounced.

by the look of the (nose of the) second aircraft on the boxart, it might not be impossible to get both versions in the same box... it doesn't require that much extra parts to do so!

The background Alpha is a Discovery Air Defenses (yep for real the acronym is D.A.D.! - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!)

aircraft formally know as the "Top Aces". DAD uses German Alphas so it look like both variants of the Alpha will

be included in the one box. It will be nice to see the "Top Aces" as an option.

IMG_8429MapleFlag42-Rotation_zpsa32afcbc.jpg

Edited by centuaryseries

Since the beginning we know that the main version of Kinetic´s kit is Top Aces.

69207_10151426070742243_1251449208_n.jpg

69630_10151426069087243_664716041_n.jpg

16320_10151425578722243_1016877572_n.jpg

382292_10151425574662243_260738658_n.jpg

it might not be impossible to get both versions in the same box... it doesn't require that much extra parts to do so!

Didn't german Alphas have STENCEL seats ?

German Alpha Jet used the Stencel SIIIS AJ seat but Martin Baker MK10L were fitted on the "Agressors" aircrafts (an Qinetic in the UK).