I just went over to check out the Diorama Forum, where brilliance shines..

And where modelers like FRED SHAMMAS always presented impressive, outstanding, marvelous Dioramas with realistic scenes..

So what a shock.to read that Fred has passed away.. :crying2:

Sebastijan posted the news on Fred's Diorama thread stating he passed away on 9/27...

I am deeply shocked as I admired and adored his work, and he always appeared and was humble about his modeling achievements.

I will miss him very much ... He will be missed very much.please say a Prayer for a lovely man. :pray: :pray:

MY. Condolences and prayers go out to his family , friends and colleagues.

Fred hope you will find Peace in the silver skies.

REST IN PEACE. :salute:

Edit:Arabic word for God Willing

Edited by HOLMES

I was saddened to read the news in that thread earlier today...I greatly admired Fred's talent and modelling...photography and the way he could combine the his 2 passions.

Rest in peace Fred.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

My sympathies and prayers to the Shammas Family ... :pray:

I know I will miss seeing any future works from Fred, it was always a delight when he's post new photos ...

He was a "quiet" member here on ARC, he let his work speak for itself ...

Rest in Peace, Sir ... :salute:

-Gregg

I'm really sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones. His aircraft models in his favorite hangar and tarmac settings were were always eerily life-like. Usually I have to strain to see realism in a model. His work is the exact opposite - I have to strain to see a model.

I actually saw his IRIAF dioramas features in Magazines, as they routinely confused them for the real thing! Which really says something. sorry to hear of his passing and I was greatly impressed and influenced by the models and pictures he built and took.

After seeing Fred's excellent diorama work, I wished I had met the guy in person as I knew he could teach me some great things. Now that he is gone, maybe I won't be able to learn in person, but he can still teach me some great things each time I look at his stuff. Can't think of a better legacy to leave behind than that.

Very shocked to hear this. His work was inspirational ....RIP Fred

Even though I did not know him in person, it's hits home ......my prayers are with him and his family

Condolences

Brian Param

His work was amazing- I first saw it in a thread where he was accused of faking models with photos of real planes! My deepest condolences to his family and friends- this is a great loss to our modeling community.