Kinetic 1/48 F/A-18A Hornet

More photos on their Facebook page.

A brand new tooled 1/48 F/A-18 coming to you in 2016... (This is a F/A-18A)....

- Fold Wing

- Full intake truck

- Refuelling Prob

- Multi-side one piece lower fueslage

- Laser engraved rivet/panel line.

- Full weapon load....

Coming to you in 2016....

11754480_483718208461962_9017180613235521291_o.jpg

Mark

I'll be holding on to my Hasegawa kits for now until one of you guys buys one and builds it and tells me how that went..... So I've got time to mortgage the house if I have to. I was hoping Academy would step up and shrink or enlarge their 1/32nd or 1/72nd kits as those with all the faults are by far the best in their scales. I have never seen nor touched the HB kits so I can't tell either way how they are.....but from what I've heard Hasegawa kills it for now.

Sooooo I'm a lurker for now...

:cheers:

Emil

Well I think this is great news. This, as well as the F-14 from AMK is really fantastic. Whilst both of these subjects have been covered well by Hasegawa, the lack of weapons included in the box really turns me off. Here's hoping for an accurate, quick building a well detailed kit. The Academy 1/48 F-4 is pitched just about right IMHO in terms of blending ease of build, accuracy, details and price.

Looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh. I don't like the Hobby Boss kits much; Hasegawa are much better. Hobby Boss don't fit as well, lack cradles for the missiles on stations 4 and 6 (if you leave missiles off, you don't get the brackets that should be there on the Hobby Boss kit).

I love the idea of the extendable probe; we often parked our jets like that after a refuelling sortie so the techs could inspect them post-flight.

ALF

Looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh. I don't like the Hobby Boss kits much; Hasegawa are much better. Hobby Boss don't fit as well, lack cradles for the missiles on stations 4 and 6 (if you leave missiles off, you don't get the brackets that should be there on the Hobby Boss kit).

I love the idea of the extendable probe; we often parked our jets like that after a refuelling sortie so the techs could inspect them post-flight.

ALF

I must be getting old, that was a condition 5 inspection (Con 5). I'm not sure though, I'll have to flip through my manuals.

It's only been 8 years.

Well the new Mirage is very very nice and if it comes with an easier to build single piece lower fuselage it will be a step forward.

Getting the Hasegawa fuse together has always been a pain in the A$&@ and no matter how poorly designed a single piece fuselage lower would be an improvement.

Based off the Mirage it will be nice( very nice actually)and I'll be looking forward to see how nice and what Kinetic have done with the design.

Kinetic are really going great guns now with some great kit choices and the engineering and tooling has caught up.

Now where is that 32nd Mirage!

Raymond, would Kinetic be willing to consider downsizing this and its other 1/48 kits to 1/72? I'd really like to support Kinetic by buying your kits but I just don't have the room for a fleet of 1/48 jets.

Thank you.

Please add a swiss version with the special low drag pylon.

As well as canadian, finish and australian Hornets.

That would be awesome.

The Swiss and Fins fly Cs.

The image shows an A++ (bird slicers) which will limit it to USMC units only...

I checked the other renders posted on FB. Hopefully they fix the verticals. There are no formation lights on the inboard side of the v-stabs, and the rudder actuator access doors are only present on the left surface of the tails (not both sides as the render shows). I guess sanding and filling could fix this, but why not get it right from the start? Other than that, I didn't see any other major visual flaws.

I like the "bird slicers" being molded on. Fabricating/installing those little things is a challenge. Much easier to just remove them if they aren't present on your subject, or if you want to de-configure the mod for another Alpha.

Edited by jacobp51

The Swiss have bird slicers by now and have the C-tails as stated:

IMG_0154-XL.jpg

Lothar

Edited by polybebber

The Finns apparently have them too. Atleast a few weeks ago when I shot these.

f18-1.jpg

f18-2.jpg

Edit: sorry, the dicussion was regarding F/A-18A.. the Finns fly the C.. sorry.. I leave the images anyway, maybe they are of use for anyone..

Edited by erik_g

This info has nothing to do with the original post regarding the -A!!!

The Finns already had them in 2010 when I took this pic at the Kauhava Midnight Airshow (a shame they don't do it anymore!!)

IMG_2555-XL.jpg

Lothar

Edited by polybebber

Bird slicers were on Canadian CF-18s when I was working on them, I retired 8 years ago. So no, not only USMC aircraft.

I know the Aussie's had them before us too and many other non-USMC aircraft do too.